Senior Advisor

Vr Bucky, your rain IF is getting bleak

Thru next Friday looks to be dry

PEAK corn
0 Kudos
26 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Vr Bucky, your rain IF is getting bleak

Jamie Kolhake was on with Al Pell this morning and he was really laying crepe on where these corn prices will go.  `$3.50 hold a while then $3.25...basis fall out of bed so in the $2s.  Probably take 2 years to dig out of the mountain of corn`.  So if that rain would stay away for the rest of the summer, it would be good in the long run.

0 Kudos
Advisor

This is all good news.  The cheaper corn gets, the cheaper raising that steak dinner will be!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

So corn and beans have given back its Sunday night Monday rally on DRY weather. In fact dec corn just had a new low close.  One would think the market can read less rain or dry as you state tiger. We should be higher and close higher tomorrow. But again you know peak corn.

My targets are still 353 dec corn and maybe a bounce. 331.75 is also in the cards. If nov beans dont fill the 1129.50 gap I'm looking for 980.50. Keep your eyes in the skies.

Suday night will be interesting. I see the better rain coverage coming Tues. and Weds next week. Also no heat

0 Kudos
Advisor

I have never seen so many farmers that want to have a failed, yes failed, crop. I am built differently, I take pride in raising a big crop. I even take pride in raising a big crop. Or, maybe these farmers hope someone else in the corn belt has a crop failure, so they can profit from someone else misfortune. Some of you need to see a shrink.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

whats wrong bucky, getting nervous

dont think anyone is saying that this is a failed crop, just not a record. so are you saying unless its a record, it should be viewed as a failure?

every year there is a failure and every year there is a record

last year in my backyard was a perfect example. 50 miles was the difference between a crop that was actually worse than 2012 and a crop that was a record that will likely stand for decades

you need to open your eyes. taking out the 2009 record is an example of a lot of stars lining up. the perfect year would be a 2012 spring followed by a 2004 summer. that would be a monster crop. we dont have that.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Simple solution?? No fertilizer next year!!! Undoubtably this would work, and guaranty a profit with less COP.. Ag- movement anyone ??? When the numbers are few as they are.(farmers) easy to control!! Jmo. Havey earplugs in let it vly
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I don`t understand it, but the very vocal, petrified bears have a scheme where they sell on paper and if they demoralize and beat the farmer into the ground so Dec corn is in the basement, these scheme apparently makes the petrified bears a real killing.   Like I said, I don`t know this scheme but a guy with the handle "1234" on the other site explains it.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=491881&mid=3994561#M3994561 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Yup I'm shaking in my boots with all the cash I'm making
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Will be business as usual here in South Podunk Country Iowa on the Hobby acreage.

No big changes expected. Very little if any p or k will be used, soil tests show high levels.

Nh 3 will be in the 110-120 range on the corn side. Can raise 175 bu corn in a decent year 

Will be a bottom tier work horse hybrid. Will be large amounts of seed raised this year. Think I'll wait them out again. They'll eventually want to move it out of the warehouse.

Have been planting 120,000 pop on the bean side for 3 years, raising as good of beans as ever an d as good as the neighbors.

Might be some interesting developments on the bean thingie price wise too. $9 beans aren't going to support $40 to $60 fifty pound bags of seed here. 

Many people make the mistake of equating high yields with high profits. They do not necessarily go Hand in hand.

I have also heard all about cash flow, that is just smoke. It is all about profit. 

Farming at a real  loss for a year or three on purpose is not on my agenda.

Being a Wal-Mart greater would be better than increasing debt.

0 Kudos