cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSumbra
Contributor

Re: WARM DRY WINDOW OVER MIDWEST IN 6-10 DAY FORECAST COLLAPSING

Try this one for the GFS http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=krwf You will need to know the four digit airport code for the location nearest you. Actually they all start with k and then a 3 digit city code afterwards. For example krwf is Redwood Falls, Mn. Euro is a little more difficult-here is one http://meteocentre.com/models/get_panel.php?mod=ecmwf&run=00&stn=PNM&map=na〈=en&hh=000
0 Kudos
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Yes, it's getting warmer.  Not so much drier yet.

Too much attention is apparently given to the national forecast maps without incorporating regional information.  I use NOAA map information -- readily available and free.  National maps (current and outlook) I look up on the internet and have posted those here before, regional maps (with current radar and near-term forecast) I look up with an app on my phone (the app was also free).

Currently, ground conditions are too wet to do anything in the field.  Even if it didn't rain for a week, it would be that long before we could do very much -- however, there's 80% chance of rain Friday and again on Saturday.  So, again, that pushes it out another week, and there's chances for rains a couple of days again next week.  And so it continues.  Like I've said before (1-2 weeks ago), we're currently looking at May 1 or later to get started, and that would be if it doesn't rain next week.

0 Kudos
WXRISK
Contributor

folks  well here  we are  APRIL   30  with  a  Historic   major  rain event for the  DELTA  the  WCB   coming  over the   next 4=5 days that will drop up to  5 " of rain in MANY place... and   HEAVY  RECORD  snow fall over   the   WCB...  with up to 8-12" possible over
Northeast KS..  eastern NEB and western IA into  southeast MN

so what happened to the  DRY  WARMER  WINDOW?

dont want  to say I told ya so...

0 Kudos