cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: WCMO- K-Wave

I'll also submit that there is not too much reason to worry about China as far as economic competition goes. My best take is that the form of capitalism they practice is the degenerate end stage sort that we now engage in-  endless elaborate swindles and counterfeiting in order to keep it going.

I do worry abuot them militarily though- it gives me the heebie jeebies watching the TV as they're doing a Kim Jong Un festival as a time out on their market collapse.

I think we need to give them a lot of room to sort things out as opposed to any excuse to divert attention to a foreign threat.

0 Kudos
Advisor

And God help us if a bunch of the lesser of the 17 dwarves decide that they need to raise a stink about getting tough with China so that they can go over the 3% threshold to get in on the next "debate."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hi HobbyFarmer, one thing if we had a depression in 1990, we`d all be 25 years younger Smiley Very Happy    

Well, on a selfish level in 1990, I wasn`t hardly married, no kids so less reponsibilities.  Something else, back then I was a bit of a "Dr Evil" that I had a plot to use that downturn to be the biggest farmer in the state of Iowa, but Greenspan and the fed was able to do some voo-doo ruined my plans...I`d gotten away with it too, if it`s weren`t for that Greenspan!!  Smiley Happy 

Back then I had no debt and ironically I had to "join the party" and acquire debt to continue on in farming, so now I may very well be in the position of the person that 25 years ago I had in my crosshairs...the hunter has become the hunted. I think I may have fallen into my own trap, so I`m cutting to the bone to get rid of debt in the next year.  Don`t know if we have a year or if I can get out of debt in the next year.

But on the macro side, today everything is big money.  In the 80`s and 90`s things weren`t this crazy a bad year with hog prices as `94 and `98 I took a job and survived.  Today with inputs the price they are, you could work all week in a town job and maybe buy a couple bags of seedcorn.   And if as an individual you are positioned "right" to inherit the world, would you really want it?

0 Kudos