cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: What is 'right'?

Well Pal, as I understand it this "fed printing" goes to member banks that sit on it, they collect I think 1/4% just sitting on it.  They don`t loan it out, it never makes it to mainstreet, but it does go into equities.    All the fed would have to do is put "strings" on this cheaper than free money and stipulate that it has to be loaned out...no putting it in the stock market. 

I mean right now and for the last 10 years a fool proof get rich quick scheme is "buy dips in the Dow Index or Nasdaq and hold forever"  if a dumb hillbilly like me can figure that out, how much longer can that go on?   There isn`t "inflation" because that fed printing never sees the light of day on mainstreet....well only after it`s been screened through the Wall Street siphon.  I see what`s happening, what I don`t know is how long it can go, it`s already went on a lot longer than I thought.

0 Kudos
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Banks should be required to pay at least the Fed Funds rate on Interest-Bearing Checking deposits.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Elcheapo,

It doesn't need to loose another dollar here is a couple of things I have seen in the last two days.IMG_0232.JPG

Dry land wheat in the forground.  Irrigated wheat in the background.  Neither will be harvested for grain.  Most of the dry land wheat in the area looks like this photo.

Yesterday I talked to an insurance adjuster who said "you'll never guess what I did today.  I said appraised failed wheat?  He said no "I adjusted the best 1600 acres of irrigated wheat I have seen.  The worst field appraised 49 bushel per acre and several circles appraised at 80+ bu/acre.  All being destroyed for other crops.  Some going to potatoes.  Some going to silage, Some being sprayed to go back to corn.

A lot of cattle on wheat in the area.  Only limited by numbers of cattle......

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

At these prices grains are just cheap feed.

0 Kudos