cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

WOW IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII..........................

CEO of Vickers on CNBC just said this..............don't quote me but its close............"the day Obama extended unemployment benefits they had THREE PEOPLE CANCEL JOB INTERVIEWS"................LMAO....................MAYBE JUST MAYBE ITS STARTING TO RING LOUD ENOUGH..................you give the masses entitlements and they will abuse it...........

the absolutely hilarious part of that whole deal..............the guys on CNBC interviewing that guy made him repeat that statement twice..........because they couldn't believe their ears.............

is anyone in touch with reality anymore..........or have we officially crossed into the twilight zone.............government needs to go away, quick, fast, and in a hurry...............

0 Kudos
29 Replies

Re: WOW IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII..........................

Maybe it was signup day at the FSA.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: More of the steady drumbeat.

Millions are out of work, losing their homes cars and exhausting their retirement funds and there are those that claim they don't want to work.   Why were they working before if they really don't want to work?

Such hogwash spewed out by the probusiness right. The working group simply doesn't want to work for nothing and the business world thinks they should. Then if business makes abuck they don't want to pay taxes nor do their stockholders want to pay taxes.

Thus the endless drone about people not wanting to work when the real objective is to break the cost of labor and lower the standard of living to put dollars in the pockets of big business and the stockholders. The same folks that don't want to pay taxes yet they aren't bashfull about feeding at the teet of government. I dare say there are farmers on these pages that have ate alot more at the government trough than the worst deadbeats in our society. Yet somehow we do have a superiority complex that has no bounds!

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Kraft.......do we put you in the blind spot........cause saying it's ok to draw unemployment instead of getting a job for the simple fact you don't like the pay is disgusting.........I am not saying you have to get a job........just don't cash that unemployment check.......

You must swing from the Obama rope.....
0 Kudos
gregs3821958
Veteran Contributor

So........................

I am tempted to say anoyone who concludes from a CNBC sample size of three may not have a very safe conclusion to their argument. My eyebrow also raises when anyone who receives subsidies and complains about a person who receives unemployment benefits in order to buy food. Nuff said. Let's talk about marketing here. 😉

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: So........................

You must be blind as well to not think the system is being milked dry........as for government in ag........get rid of all of it......all of it......we will see what the cost of grain really is.......the reward has to match the risk.......how much reward will it take to put in next years crop with ZERO guarantee or backstop.....

As for markets..........if you only knew how big of a drag entitlements will be over the long haul.........take a look at Europe........connect the dots....
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Kraft-t,  

Not much respect coming to the one who yells kill the employers and votes for politicians who promise jobs.  And frankly your logic is giving us in agriculture a black eye when your tag is followed by "Veteran Advisor".  

Your business world analysis has more unsupported generalization than an ACORN bus rider. 

I am not going to tag the "American Workforce", I am not sure where they are.

Agriculture and most of the industry in our sector of the economy is carried by aliens.  You would say that is because the pay is too low.  But your political view will block you from testing the realities of your statements.

0 Kudos
gregs3821958
Veteran Contributor

I suspect people would start buying locally if doing away with ag supports raised the price of food. Who knows, that might be good in the long run. As far as the European agriculture.........They have wonderful local markets gushing with colors and flavors of food that make many of  our supermarkets almost boring by comparison.

I do not think our goivernment is being sucked dry. I think the biggest problem is that the Great R is failing to produce the revenues we need thus we have large imbalances. Entitlements are not the problem. Our democracy and civic minded people have created one of the fairest systems in the world which has resulted in a very successful society. I'm for keeping what we have built. I do not want an "American Spring"  to take place here. I suspect most others do not either.  But I do like marketing 😉

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The dialogue goes odd in a marketing forum when we have nothing to sell.  

Sorry for tripping over the political diversion.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

in our 3rd day of corn harvest.  real depressing.

0 Kudos