cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Was trump's ethanol announcement too good to be true?

https://www.agriculture.com/news/business/trump-s-vague-plan-to-boost-ethanol-has-the-oil-industry-t...

It looks like maybe the petroleum industry wasn't really on board with this agreement after all.

So does this mean that trump really can't deliver on his promise to farmers after all.  I wondered why the board didn't register any gain following the announcement, the traders already knew about it.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Advisor

Re: Was trump's ethanol announcement too good to be true?

Yes, I was anxious for some detail of how they plan to implement it.

Have seen little that is convincing thus far.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

T T

Typical Trump 90% BS 10% disaster. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

But........Freedom!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

No.   It was recognition  and supportive. Beyond that vague and we will see.  Not sure green energy was ever a good idea.  But accidentally made some sense   

But then China trade has nothing to do with soybeans. Yet we cry.  And cry for a deal that enriches us and destroys US business and Main Street business. “ It’s all about me and what’s in it for me.”

Advisor

Re: The reason why farmers don't deserve to grow corn for ethanol is that ....

There are two reasons why farmers don't deserve to have a corn ethanol market is one, they don't  understand how much better corn ethanol is than the alternative, all petroleum and two, half of them are Climate Change deniers anyhow. 

Frankly, I would appreciate it, if all those hypocrite Climate Change denying corn farmers would just refuse to sell their corn to the ethanol plants and leave the business to those who support it.

As far as saving Main Street, the balance of trade deficit has only gotten worse these past three years so I doubt all the tariffs in the world will save them.

united-states-balance-of-trade 10 yr.png
0 Kudos
Advisor

Yes, in a self contradictory position.

But doesn't mean that politics don't play out- like pore coal miners.

Anyway, even though I've been critical of the specifics of ethanol program it was cruel and unusual for the Koch creatures to cut it short, once the market had built that expectation in.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Whoa.  Ethanol is good, but not great.   If Ethanol was great, it wouldn`t need subsidies, it would stick up it`s middle finger at fossil fuels and say "sux to be you!".   But that goes for solar and wind too, however wind & solar are the favor of the day among the tree huggers and Greta worshipers, so those scams don`t have to prove their economic worth...it`s a payback out there in the blue sky somewhere. 

Ethanol has had it`s share of subsidized good times and there is more to come, but we aren`t the favorite kid anymore. mom & dad have a few more brats to take care of. 

Veteran Advisor

In your opinion Rick...  what is the relationship between corn ethanol fuel and climate change?  Please enlighten me because I sell to an ethanol plant. Best price in my area 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I Appreciate the point Rick,  and am just as concerned.  Your just being an opportunist with statistics and maybe avoiding the actual stats.

Concerned,  so much so that I think it is worth more than just a cheap shot at the candidate I don’t like.

This chart is also from the Census bureau.  Our bastion of statistical data.

Notice when the chart goes south, with the signing of NAFTA and Clinton/democratic congressional trade choices.  The drop in that chart since 1993 represents the technical boom that US leadership handed to China rather than keeping manufacturing here, at a time when our president and congress knew full well the potential of technology for the future.  

I have no illusions that the mistake can be corrected in any short time frame.  I don’t even have the illusion that the US can survive it economically.  I think we would not have remained a viable nation to this point without the borrowing of several trillion dollars.  I think this is so obvious our “leaders” are grabbing what they can, even risking corruption charges, from the borrowing for personal survival savings as this unfolds.  Because borrowing on the farm as well as in congress, just delay the problem.

.866944D2-62DF-413E-9FB0-55B8ED69CA06.png

0 Kudos