cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Watch for China corn buying now

It would be a natural. But it's a strange scenario. Can they walk in and buy without ruffling the market? I think they will try.

But I don't think we are even close to figuring out how this production year will end.

A decent corn action by China at this point would set a mile post and reference point in this market. But, where are we going?? I have absolutely zero faith the paper market knows how this is going to go.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Watch for China corn buying now

It would also be logical for Egypt to put out some 'snap tenders'.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Why wouldn't they buy wheat instead? They are going to feed it all and wheat is far cheaper with better feed value.

Or, said another way, why would they jump into a market to catch a falling knife. They are far smarter than that normally.

27 day FREEFALL down in the wheat completes tonight/tomorrow. Good TIME to cover hedges or sell puts under the nearbys. jmho

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

China has been buying feed wheat AND corn. I expect them to continue to buy both.

They will rebuild corn reserves with corn IMO.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

China will step in and start buying DDG's again , following the culmination of their antidumping suit. Other grains will look very cheap next week.

0 Kudos