cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Watch recorded Marketeye Chicago Roundtable Here

Agriculture.com and the CME Group held a "livestreaming" event from Chicago. The topics include: Weather, agronomy, and markets. Watch the event right here.

If you missed it, here is the link to the program:

http://at.pscdn.net/008/00102/videoplatform/110505panel.html

Mike

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Live Marketeye Chicago Roundtable

Sorry Mike, I'll be away from the office Thursday. Looks like our forecast will prevent Ohio and much of Indiana from making any planting progress this week. Here's my question for the panel: How is it looking for us to be able to get field time before June 5th?  I'd like to contract a little new crop but I'm worried about getting any corn planted.

Bruce

Let us know where we can view the event later.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SouthWestOhio,

Sorry you can't make it. Don't worry. We'll pass along what they say. As you mention, more rain is coming. Hopefully, the panelists can help spell out what's ahead. We're going to keep it as conversational as possible. Just a get together with some ag folks, if you know what I mean. Hopefully, we will have a nice crowd in the cyber audience.

Mike

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, Mike - I'm 2 hours behind you guys in Chicago, out here in the desert...so I'm unable to attend at that hour, but would appreciate being able to view it later if you post a link for the replay. Thanx for all your good info every day! --- JRW

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

jrw322,

So, you'll get up early to watch the Royal Wedding, but not this 'live' event? I see how you are.  Smiley Happy Just kidding. We will pass along the information.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Would you ask them if they think what is happening in silver with margin requirements will happen in grains if prices explode up in the next couple of months?  With silver they have upped the margin requirement four or five times lately, and the effect has been chilling on the price of silver futures.  Now, I realize that grain is somewhat of a different animal, but their thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I think it's a great time to ask that question. We will ask the question. Or, if you have the time, log on and help make us inform everyone a little bit better.

Mike

0 Kudos