cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

We just don't realize how good we have it ??

while firing up the computer this morning, my msnbc come up, along with all it's news articles..........up popped a picture of

combines in a wheat field and headlines, "industrys with best job gowths"............so i had to read that..........

it listed wheat farming....soybean farming....other grain production.....goat farming....dry bean farming...........

i just wished i was smart enough to make a link to 24/7 wall street....which is where the article was at.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: We just don't realize how good we have it ??

ElCheapo, your post jogged my memory about Jim Rogers saying that "farmers will drive Lamborghinis"  Smiley Very Happy...and I wouldn`t discount that long term, it`s just getting for here to there is the trick.  I think if you own some ground free and clear and aren`t too hard to satisfy you might not have a Lamborghini, but you might have a nice Acadia.  The Big Big Big (30,000 acre) Shots might come out the other end of this thing with Lamborghinis if they shuck & jive the bank to not close them out in the next couple years.

If the Big Big Big Shots survive this, they`ll pick up land dimes on the dollar and if they partner up right will become Big Big Big Big Bigshots.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2012/05/10/legendary-jim-rogers-brokers-going-broke-farmers-...

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I can hardly take any more of the prosperity that our current markets offer.    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Taking a little longer to have this prosperity add up to a very big pile.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Under the current marketing structure, agriculture is a commodity business.  On the averagel, everone earns zero net.

0 Kudos