cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

We need to start a new Ag movement???? Mandatory 50% set aside

Jump to solution
2 nd year no fertilizer !!! Double price increase!!! Good for soil!! Let your neighbors be the watch dogs!! Good for 1 good for all?? Maybe triple price increase!! No one cares if we fail or prosper!! Let's take charge of our commodities !!! I know can't happen !!!!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: We need to start a new Ag movement???? Mandatory 50% set aside

Jump to solution
I would be game do not misunderstand, but farmers will never band together. I have said what you are saying for years, but others will say that the world will ultimately not need the American farmer as much due to expansion in South America, etc. I will always contend that farmers will always produce themselves into poverty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Jump to solution
Never happen. You plant half I will plant twice as much mentality will overtake everything. Heck, govt will confiscate before that answer got very far.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Jump to solution
That's why it won't happen!!! Guys like you??? Over produce over fertilize ??? Kill the markets until drought , floods, frost, or Mother Nature does it for us and see it will work when production is less??? Only have rallies when one or two of these events happen!!! We are blind in our own profession !!
Highlighted
Advisor

Jump to solution
I would be game do not misunderstand, but farmers will never band together. I have said what you are saying for years, but others will say that the world will ultimately not need the American farmer as much due to expansion in South America, etc. I will always contend that farmers will always produce themselves into poverty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Did you find a box of NFO literature from the early 60s?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

An old union organizer from the 40's in the Chicago area that came here to be a farmer after being shot. Told me there were three classes of people that can't be organized

1) Farmers

2) Fishermen

3) the insane

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Might be that we fit all 3!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

You do realize that profits for well managed grain farms the last 8 years have been about 2x that of Google or Berkshire Hathaway? Why reduce production when the market wants pretty much everything we can grow?

Highlighted
Advisor

Jump to solution

who is the third guy? farmers are insane..or that is what mom said when i told her i wanted to be one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Jump to solution
But look where we're headed now?? Back to less then cost of production?? Rents out of sight!!! Does machinery sell for less than cost of production?? ( no never) Fert. Sell for less than production ( no) seed getting cheaper ?? ( no)
0 Kudos