cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: We were so poor that...

Good one Scott:

We were so poor, that the house I was born in wasn't built until I was a teenager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Just as I thought ---------------- this is getting out of hand ---------- see if we can get a internet fix on these characters in case we have to pick them up---------------- or better yet lets try the new smart phone FIX.---- Zap the humor right out of them growers....

No no  dont worry about the traders they are fully in our USDA Control.------------ On to the Green World Utopia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

We were so poor my folks wouldn't let me go to scott's house.............................

Dang it Scott now I cant think---------- that was a little out of my league---------- Possibly a "we were so poor" on Profornance Enhancing Drugs.  Check that Miami List for a Scott S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We were so poor I wore out two brothers before my parents coul save up enough for a sled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

that we couldn't pay attention!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We were so poor I grew up driving Oliver tractors. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

what is being marketed here?....................poorness or the irradication of it?------ using ghosts, barbed wire, holes, phones...................perhaps perception/perspective.........my Grandma used the word phonetically sounding like "pur"...."we're pur honey, because we we were starting a family in the 30's"........They would barter different foods for sustainance, etc......surely sounded dusty.

............her perspective of "pur-ness" never changed, even though her material reality did. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Go with the flow cx1. Just trying levity for a change.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

When i was young we were so poor we were in the midst of a cereal famine.....couldn't get a bowl anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

sorry,  i was laughing at the same time................love all the comments!!!

0 Kudos