cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Weather Update

Well, here we go again. The Dome of Doom makes a return appearance about a week from now, dryer than what it looked this morning. Te high once again drops down from Canada, and looks to stick around for 5-7 days. A return to the heat should also accompany this, but, I need to look at that (again) more.

A lot of what happens Monday hinges on what happens tonight for weather. A lot or times with these fronts out of Canada, it seems like if a night is active, the next night won't be nearly so, etc. I would have to say last night was fairly active, in an area that didn't count much, Lake Superior. Like I said, well just have to wait and see what develops. If its an active night, what I described earlier should happen. If not, this thing exits all of the corn belt with very little rain.

Sunday, Monday event still looks drier than the system that just came through, but there is a few more days for something to develop with that cold front, which is coming out of the same low up in Canada as this the front that just came through was. Will try and update more later. For now, I need to get back to work.

On a related note. On the drive over on Hwy 10 today, the crops are deteriating rapidly. Brown leaves on a lot of the corn plants in the areas that were grey before.

It appears that here in Central WI and in Cannon Falls, MN, we got less than 1/4 inch out of this last front. Not good.

Jen
0 Kudos
4 Replies
hanktbd
Senior Contributor

Re: Weather Update

Jenny, If it breaks through this ceiling and actually rains tonight here in central Illinois (doubtful), does that increase the likelihood of gettting some additional rain early next week??

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

No, I don't think so. I'll try and look at the maps more in depth after 9 pm - a ways to go yet to be ready for the auction. That first front now went stationary, not good for the ECB. I need to look more at the pressures, but this front just might die where it is.

Jen
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Did a quick look at the charts. This isn't what any of you are going to want to hear.

We continue to get drier. Dryer to the point that we may be back to 10 more days without rain - for anyone, other than the summertime pop up shower stuff.

Hope you have crop insurance and are long this market. But who knows. It's a few days yet until Monday. And the way the market is, it could be another sell day even if it don't rain. But the kicking the can down the road with out looking where that can is going could send put it at a dead end. I'll check a bit later.

Jen
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

This evenings rain in Iowa...

IMG_20130719_202428_077.jpg

Just about 100 miles too far east to do South Podunk Country any good. 3/4 moon above the right cloud.

0 Kudos