cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slim123
Senior Contributor

Re: Well It Was Bound To Happen

I had two welch corgis. I fed HYVee Complete Dog food to them. The last few months they didn't  eat the food like they should. One dog started acting sick. I fed him food from the kitchen and they both ate like they hadn't eaten in a long time. I took the one sick dog to the vet. He treated the dog and he said the dog will be better by the next day. Three hours later, the dog died. 

The other dog wouldn't eat the HyVee stuff, so we brought some Purina dog chow. He ate that a little better.  I still have the half bag of HyVee dog food.  I think we are going to feed Pooch more leftovers after hearing this.  Thanks for posting this.

0 Kudos
Bugeye
Senior Contributor

In all fairness though, how in the world could they know if it was safe corn or not. Guys all last fall were saying they would haul a load in and it would be hot and the next one was OK. We have already lost enough end users. Kill one more off and I assure you it will will come back to haunt us. Jitt happens. Sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.
0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

Bugeye: I didn't say my dog died from the the HyVee dog food. I said they wouldn't eat it. 

0 Kudos
zvf
Contributor

Fellers what you need to look at his WHO manufactured it. Like lots of things, many labels come out of the same plant. This will be in other dog food as well.

There have been loads of milk rejected because the aflatoxins are too high. So what ya guys gonna do with this hot corn? Run it through the E plant and no livestock guy will touch it, as it will CONCENTRATE in the DDG's. Blend it off??? My guess is end users will lower the allowable limit and severely dock any contaminated grain. If it is found it pet food, there must a lot of contaminated corn.....
0 Kudos
RowCropRenegade
Senior Reader

I HATE to hear that someone's pet died as a result of aflatoxin.  Prayers for the families of their lost family members.

The non-gmo corn we take to the river has to be less than 10 ppb or it is rejected as non-gmo.

The gmo corn has to be less than 20 ppb or it is rejected entirely.

We didn't have issues with aflatoxin here where I am.  While waiting to see if my tests will pass, there have been farmers leave the lot with aflatoxin fail to just come back again and get the same load to pass.  Quite possibly the reason that some of the aflatoxin is getting through. 

0 Kudos
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

yes, the seller of the corn would like a "test until it's clean policy"

we do not allow reprobes.....some are not too smart about it.....they drive back in a half hour later, but live two hours away......and don't even get up and rake the probes marks away!!!

0 Kudos