cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Well --- The Pump is still Pumping

Got another 1.8 this morning -- Time - you fairing any better ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Well --- The Pump is still Pumping

Yikes!     You got any corn up?

0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Not what you guys needed.  Another question for Time, since you pretty much nailed the cattle call, what are your thoughts on corn and beans.

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

1.2 here more on the way it's ugly now for sure. One guy has some coming up planted April 9th. Looks more yellow than banana 🍌 ohh my how the early birds are going to miss the worm on this year. In a high note supposed to warm up next week hopefully the market will catch up by then. Agh who my kidding only myself.
0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Now I'm thinking about this heat maybe not the answer. The way this dirt keeps sealing; can anybody say rotory hoe.? To early yet to switch to soybeans right?
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

RT1 - I have 40 acres in the ground , planted 4/24 - I could row it yesterday - boy it's yellow : ) This was in 3 fields = PIA to plant - around the shop and open ditch - then I quit - ground temp was just to cold and calling for all the rain the past few weeks . Will try and post up a pic latter today .

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

jec...gap higher on Monday that failed. Seldom ever recover from that for a few weeks. I'm hoping we can buy corn on June 30th around 340/350, then I would get super bullish. What bullish can happen in the next few weeks. We all get the corn planted next week which isn't a disaster (the way Chicago looks at it.) Our April corn, like EC's, is very yellow but it will green up next week. It really will come down to management, conv tillage on clay sidehills with no tile is mostly going to be dead, pattern tiled areas like we planted maybe just lose the 1% where the water ponded for more than 3 days. Really too soon to tell, but very much look forward to planting again next week...hopefully.  Glad we put in the new dryer last year, probably going to use it this year.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Sw. 1/2 to 1 inch over nite Planted for 36 hours. Done for a while.
0 Kudos
rawhide
Advisor

No fert on no planted. I look like a genius

0 Kudos
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

A lot of corn in around me and some are done with beans.  Got about an inch here today, but planters were rolling till noon in some fields.  I have not been around to see if corn is up.

0 Kudos