Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well boyz and girls

Say a prayer or at least think happy thoughts

Lotta guys and gals need some reason to believe here in NWMO

I've never seen anything like this

Roads flooded, fields flooded, water rescues

Reports of up to 8 inches in a few hours. Two day totals of 6-12 inches.

Words and even pictures don't tell the story

It's hard to stomach or even smile at this point.

Everyone is wore out

20-21 inches so far in 30 days
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Well boyz and girls

Hang in there MT. There's got to be brighter (and drier) days ahead. Stay safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Looks like another big red band headed your way.  A repeat of the flood of 93?  Only this time 150miles father south.  I feel your pain.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Look on the radar of Kansas

Just north of Hill City has just been getting pounded tonight  up to six inches and still pouring out there 

Now my fields/farms in both states are under water. 422 miles apart and both are toast this year. 

Wonder if there will be any wheat left on the two that had wheat this morning. The other one had the beans 3/4 planted, not too great in my world right now either. 

If Jack thinks I'm giving him my beans in the bins  cheap, he had better pack a lunch, gonna be a fairly long wait for him. 

He is part of the problem NOT part of the solution. 

BTW got part of a load of spray off on some corn early evening....corn looks like c r a p out there.

Lost the rubber off of part of a boggy wheel, didn't help the ride home or the attitude this evening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I actually had this discussion with two people today

93 was a constant rain in a big area. No real huge rains

This is insane the amount that comes in such a short time

That's what I told the wife last night

I can handle no crop, that's what insurance is for

What is hard to stomach are the flooded homes, irreversible field damage and road damage

I will take a drought over flood any day. A drought sucks but there's no damage to fix

Two weeks ago I had 4 inches in 30 minutes with a 6.7 inch storm total. That pretty much destroys everything. That's an 8 inch per hour rain rate, basically a unicorn type rain that is Guinness book type material. Absolutely nuts

Like I said, say a prayer or think happy thoughts. Lot of people running low on faith and energy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My relatives in Gove County just got hammered and it looks like a tornado warning in Jeff's home town too.  No rain forecast here till Sat.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

this will lead to quite a few hitting the exit doors this winter. 

Age, adversity, low prices,  I know several that have had enough and this fall will be their last harvest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I feel for you guys. We're pretty wet here, but have been getting a day in the field here and there. Hate to say it, but really glad we're not washing away.  Patrick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mizzou, take the PP and

letter Float.

jeez.

perhaps keep in mind the usd is DONE now....thus grains is headed Higher.  MO

buy cheap calls out of the money and letter float.

I Doubt AU for instance, will produce much of Anything this year.

granted the rest of em in the Pac Basin are ALL in the same DRY .....well they simply need Noah and the Ark to show...AIN'T gonna happen this year.MO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I was checking last night's storm in nw missori and se nebraska. sorry to see anyone get that.

0 Kudos