cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Work from home, good point.

20%+will be unemployed through the 2nd quarter, likely at least half that through the third. I doubt that many are going to take that $600/wk bonanza to go road tripping.

And yes, hearing more daily of organizations that can saying they'll continue to have employees work remote for the rest of the year- and then see.

Anecdotal, but I think quite telling: a friend is a mega-titanium frequent flyer for his consulting gig. He's continued with the same clientele through Zoom. Says, hey it works- it saves the client money because they're not paying my flight and hotel, and nobody's going back to the old way.

At least we'll be on equal ground- when we go somewhere together we're paying for it but they're on Delta and Hilton's dime. Went to France and they got the $12K sleeper comped.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Work from home, good point.

We do play the credit card miles game as best we can.

One climate based recommendation that I think is sound is that all rewards programs should end. Frequent flyers are the mother's milk for airlines, but let the market decide what business travel is essential. 

That would make leisure travel more expensive, but less so than a straight up tax. And thus less punishing on the places that live off of vacation travel.

0 Kudos