cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Well the market says

it expects the short crop to keep getting shorter.  So will usda agree?? 

Anyway good start tonight.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: Well the market says

Soya acting like they want 18 by 2pm tmrw.........

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

yes ------------ I've yet to see what the resistance is for beans.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

aaaah, resistance?

if gap on prompt continuation holds, and no reason to think it won't, we might call it (the gap) the mother of all breakaway gaps not to be filled or approached for a while.

a breakaway from coiling for 6 weeks atop old highs from '08. this thing is just beginning, men.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

the USDA right now is akin to mission control after "things" went awry during Apollo 13, except they have no team (noone does) of argo-engineers to fix anything...only mkt can do that. 

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

I think $18 soybeans is just a matter of hours but as the market swings back and forth we might just surpass it with some power. $19 soybeans might be in the next cards.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Keep in mind the current prices are NOT the high paid for the year. The bean and corn prices have been 50 ish cents at least (depending on area) higher but done with basis. The basis erosion the last couple of weeks has been significant.

BUT here we are at harvest with an 8 on corn and 17 as the #'s for cash sales. The G B S guy's are leading the pack.

0 Kudos
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

Enlighten us non farmers--what/who are the G B S guys?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

cx1----I understand the upward enthusiasm and limited supply but dec corn has been in a trading range for over 30 days now.  Starting to wonder what drives it higher.  The sky can only fall so many times.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

sw - i know what you mean re: corn - might take a USDA # very close to or below 10.

I was referring to beans w/ the coiling/gap etc. we'll see if that holds today/tom.

c-x-1

0 Kudos