cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Went to......

all cash today........just too much to compute........not worth it, especially Monday AM if nothing has changed...........

I am not sure any amount of common sense applies right now........markets are all about emotions..........and I think everyone is getting rattled by D.C.'s game of chicken.........at least in the short term, nothing will make sense if we come close to or get to 8/2 with no resolution........

do I think we do a full fledge default, no..........but we are past the point of an orderly resolution..........which means anything that is cobbled together will not exude confidence and be a water soaked bandaide at best..........

as for grains in general, even though I still think this crop is a mess, multiple problems from drought to flood, the trade may take a break if everything comes crashing down...........and these "experienced" traders think that rain makes grain and its raining in Chicago, so go get em...........lets put it this way, some dang good looking corn fields have some pollination issues.......you can imagine what stressed fields look like........

now after we emerge from the aftermath that could be, get ready to buy..........fact is, no matter what happens, people will eat, people will sleep, people will by iPads...................world will move on, just might look different...........and at the end of the day, grains (hard asset or commodities) might be as good as gold..........

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jonnybegood
Contributor

Re: Went to......

Don't think the DC boys are serious yet, still playing for advantage in senate. You are right about one thing MT no matter what happens the sun will come up aug 3 rd. I also fell better about owning stuff ,dirt, corn, ect

0 Kudos
glenlivet18
Veteran Contributor

Re: Went to......

Guns and ammo, too.  Never a bad hedge.

0 Kudos