cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Whassup with markets?

local coop just pushed their corn and soybean bids both over CBOT futures.

What is it that we should know?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: Whassup with markets?

COMARK  -  Guymon   corn - Febr.   22    $6.62 ,   HRW - $8.52  Febr 22. ,   according  to  radio  info ,  .20 +  in  a  week - - - 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Surprises in the Jan 12 stocks report anticipated?  Coop bids are validating the value in this crop and this early too, I know I`m surprised, pleasantly.  If we have any trouble planting or early growth, buyers better look out.   I`m not going to jinx it saying about Bulls getting Christmas .   🙂

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Because i have been hauling and selling cheap

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Just watch the price of fertilizer go up now.

nt

0 Kudos
erikjohnson61y
Veteran Advisor

Re: Just watch the price of fertilizer go up now.

My local elevator is -.05 Basis, but the ethanol plant 40 miles away is now +.08, and had been +.05 since the end of harvest. It would cost 8 cents just in fuel to go the greater distance, and 5 cents for tires, wear and tear and my time isn't worth it.  I used to haul 90 miles to a plant in Nebraska when the price difference was 40 cents, but the local elevator and e-plant are now a LOT more competitive. Figures, since I spent 8 grand on my truck and trailer fixing them up to ride better for that long trip... Murphy.

Put in a target at the elevator to sell 2 truckloads at $6 - might hit today as it's $5.99 as I type.

Bought 30 tons of urea for spring at $970/ton earlier this week.  The ONLY thing that hasn't gone up in price so far is the elevators' price for spreading - $6.25 for fixed rate and $6.50 for variable rate fertilizer spreading - same as the last 3 years.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Whassup with markets? Maybe this?

Southcentral Brazil & Argentina have been dry and getting dryer.  

n.7day.figb (1).gif
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Ed Usset from University of Minnesota was on with Lynn Kittleson  and he looked back at post harvest rallies (like this one) since 1980 where it was a +10% price appreciation and it happened 10 times.  He also looked at if the rally then continued into the spring and 8 out of those 10 times...............................   it did!     🙂

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Offshore  owned  livestock  will  be  consuming  delicacy  priced  ingredients  in  those  self  feeders  &  bunks   -   -   -

0 Kudos