cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: What, Frost damage?

plenty of productive acres in southern Iowa and much of Missouri with a wetness problem too.

Still black wet out in my needing beans replanted areas. At least the replant seed will be here in couple hrs.

Got some of my $10 beans hauled off...gave me $15.64 for them. Not quite double of last Aug but a noticeable improvement in revenue all the same.

Was there at 7:30 this morning, 6 trucks ahead of me, 4 empty went to corn load out. 2 had specialty beans and went to bean plant dump.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Time, I`m just really rough figuring, there`s strip til corn (especially C on C)  and I see places where a 38,000 stand is taken down to 30,000.  I see low ground that had growing point out and guys are looking for 90 day to replant.  The beans were hit hard in the no-til especially cover crop situations and need replanted.  This is only certain neighborhoods.  but on a 15 billion corn crop, that`s only a loss of 150 million bushel ..China cancels that in one phone call.  

Yes, the argument could be made that some of the frosted areas were prone to flooding anyway and figured in and that is true also.

Eric Snodgrass was talking that the jet stream is set up and European & GFS agree that 4 corner region is wet and California dry as is northern Iowa and Dakotas.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd1v-gj0lGc

0 Kudos
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Been wet here east of KC MO for almost a month.  Early to mid-April corn stands mostly okay, much variation in size and green/yellow due to cold and extended wet period.  Lots of replant needed on late April and early May planted corn.   Probably 90-95% of corn planted, not sure if other 5-10% will be planted to corn or beans, getting late for decent corn yield.  Might be 10-20% of beans planted, couple weeks behind normal due to extended wet period.  Almost dry enough to get back in field, maybe tomorrow or Friday, thanks to missing last couple forecasted rain events.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Boils down to this ........ another cold spring late start..... these comments are after June 1......  Maybe even slower than 2020.  

0 Kudos