cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

What? No bearish spin on EPA's announcement yesterday?

I'm shocked.     You guys are slipping.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
18 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: What? No bearish spin on EPA's announcement yesterday?

About the only thing bears can hang their hat on is "Well, at least it isn`t the 22 billion gallons that the eeeeevil congress wanted back in 2007! Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

BA,                  Legacy building is hard, don't ya know....

But it is time, if there is ever going to be a time,  just in case that health care thing implodes .....   

It is time so here goes,,,,,,  clean energy.............. hoooray.........   anybody like to buy a few bales of moldy corn stalks?

Get em while their hot...............  Autographed and chucked full of over zealous, arrrrogant congressional memories.  Shipped in a "cellulostic" container, finished in a pelosi makeup coating for eons of protection...

Guaranteed to be as fresh 50 years from now as it is today.  

(They'll never sell, can't even burn em.......................the whole thing sounded better in that state of the union speach................. ya the future is bright...............bla bla bla bla.......... energy independence.................. ya our energy is getting lower every day.................... we could just call them legacy blocks,,,,,,,sell em on ebay...... or call em  bureaucratic compost...........................maybe craigs list in california...............they'll buy anything....

lets face it ........ its over....................)      

Hold on Ruth!   we could give em away as folks leave the new Shrine to Congressional Science. 

Located in Sw Ks,  entrance is free, but ya all gotta take a little bale with ya or just stay in the new prison for voter ignorance crimes.   I here their building a new one in Iowa in case this one gets too crowded........bring lots of bale money....

Wonder where the "trend line" amusement park will be ..................... mosey on Ruth..........................

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"bale money" LoL SW.   Cellulosic Ethanol is a niche within a niche, in certain areas i think it can work well (not everywhere).  If there is land with close access to chicken and hog manure  and the stalks used are only what is pooped out the backend of the combine, I think that might be sustainable. 

But with everyone and their dog terrified about dying a horrible death about this climate change crap...."0000h, the temperature went up 1/2º in Timbuktu...we`re all gonna die!!! Smiley Surprised "   Well, ethanol is a actual solution to the greenhouse effects.  Those of you that want it colder, have I got a deal for you...ethanol will make it colder.

The was a gal on WHO radio saying that Henery Ford designed the first cars to run off of ethanol..but prohibition and such, ol` Rockefeller and Standard Oil wanted the cars to run on his fosil fuels.  So this has been a fight going on a century now.   Ford has been making crappy products every since, but that`s another topic  🙂  

But these ethanol jobs at stake are good paying skilled jobs, we`ve put the ridiculous 'food vs fuel" argument to rest.  This is a good product which needs market access, then it will more than stand on it`s own.

0 Kudos
hardnox
Advisor

ETOH futures 1.52, RBOB 1.36.

Gonna have to force some of that into the blend cause e-85 sure isn't going anywhere.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

BA,,, serious info...

The water and solids produced from this cellulostic/ hundreds of millions of dollars/ public experiment was too costly to dispose of.

Serious info....  More energy was spent creating the ingredients than they created, and more $$ were spent disposing of the byproducts than the ethanol value produced.....

If it is a niche we need to label it "organic" compost or an atomic debt generator.

or maybe that is atomic compost or an organic debt generator.

0 Kudos
hardnox
Advisor

Yeah. I've wondered if they shouldn't have sited those plants in irrigation country so they could strain and run the water back out on fields.

Of course I guess there's a reason for most of what's irrigation country.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

hey SW, I never heard that waste water and solid byproducts from celluosic ethanol were a bugger to get rid of.  i thought there was talk of actually utilizing waste water in the celluosic process.

With fuel, epecially oil based the economics of today are totally different than what they`ll be tomorrow.  Back 3 yrs ago when gas was $4 everyone sworewe were running out of oil and it`d never come down. Now today after a few months we`re complacent  with $1.90 gas, thinking itll never go up again.

Just an ol` Iowa farm boy here, but $4 gas one year and a energy crisis ....fast forward 3 years and "the world is awash in oil!" I think someone is jacking with us.   When gas was $4, I complained but we could sell our $7 corn and at least buy it, now we`re going broke and can`t afford $1.90 gas.  So, one day this cheap gas will go away again too.  I have a feeling this cheap gas was only about breaking Putin and breaking the Baaken oil range.  When a "Hollandesque"  limp wristed leader is in control of Russia and the last well in North Dakota is cemented shut...then, "oh the world is running out of oil!!!" again.

It seems with alernate fuels, like the weather just wait awhile and the economics change.

0 Kudos
hardnox
Advisor

I get a kick every time I hear a farmer yell Solyndra!!! and then defend cellulosic ethanol.

If you want to hand out grants for perpetual motion machines somebody will take the money and if you want to subsidize somebody else for running the gizmo they will too.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Do you also get a kick out of the endless wars that we are in all so the oil companies can have "the free flow of oil at market prices"?   That`s what`s missing in all of this, oil is the real commodity that is subsidized and how many times have seagulls needed to have Ethanol from their feathers with dish soap?...not once, BP oil has.

With Solyndra, it was one failed company that the taxpayers are on the hook for $1/2 Billion.  With Ethanol, it is a proven fuel and a proven safe oxygenate, thousands of farmers through their grass roots investment made it happen, the government has given them a hand up but certainly not a "hand out".  The farmer investors have their hide in the game.

i`m all for solar power too, but when one company Solyndra was the benneficiary, that reeks of crony capitalism.