cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: What do you guy think?

Actually Krafty I was workin behind the scenes to help make sure you didn't get that COLA raise for all you dem ss recipients! LOL

Hows those okie folks treatin ya? JR

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Tea Party has the answer? Think again.

click on this link and read for yourselves what the tea party wants;  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703673604575550243700895762.html?mod=wsj_share_faceboo...

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Well Smokey I don`t know exactly what you`re driving at, but the price for you to succeed is what it costs for the gov`t taking away your right to fail. Such as, confiscatory estate tax at 55% above $1 million. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

If marijuana was legalized, the sales tax revenues would be astronomical. We could have crop reports on the size of the pot crop and maybe trade bales of pot on the cbot. the possibilities are endless. Monsanto could develop rr marijuana and  sell us the seed for the "good stuff'. John deere could develop harvesters and sukup could sell pot driers. Of course the, there would soon be a marijuana growers association that would collect dues from a forced checkoff. If we over produced we could make cellulosic ethanol out of the surplus.  oh man, this could be BIG.

Senior Contributor

Did you read the article? 

I've pasted the thesis from the article here, "

suppose you learned that politicians were devising policies that might, as a side effect of their enactment, nullify the law of karma. Bad deeds would no longer lead to bad outcomes, and the fragile moral order of our nation would break apart. For tea partiers, this scenario is not science fiction. It is the last 80 years of American history.

In the tea partiers' scheme of things, the federal government got into the business of protecting the American people—from market fluctuations as well as from their own bad decisions—under Franklin D. Roosevelt. During the Great Depression, most Americans recognized that capitalism required safety nets here and there. But Lyndon Johnson's effort to build the Great Society, and particularly welfare programs that reduced the incentives for work and marriage among the poor, went much further.

The problem with this thinking is Tea Party people never believe bad things happen to them, only to other people.  Even when they, the good people do bad things, like having an affair, ie, Jonathon Edwards, or when banks and insurance companies win passage of the credit derivatives laws that brought their house of cards down, engage in these practices, they still win because in their mind, they've not done anything wrong or bad.. (Don't you think bank exec's aren't tea party supporters?)  They still justify the bail out and taking taxpayer money because they don't see their actions as bad, like others who simply make bad decisions and suffer the consequences.  Its a hypocritical notion and one out of touch with reality.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Now John that was hillarious!!!!!!!!!!

Having at a previous point in time in my life worked in the sheffield plant lets just say they wouldn't have to go far to find suppliers er i mean growers for that crop. LOl no double LOL. I needed that this morning! JR

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Those Okies are treating me great. That $250 stimulas will be a big help and the wifey will get one as well. Thank God and democrats and for you donation as well.

I hope milk goes to $4 per gallon even if the wife has a huge appetite for milk. Ic e cream is my addiction. Braums is a big farm to market dairy retailer in these parts and they are building new stores one after another. Great wholesome products and worth a few pennies more

They have a few odd grocery items in there as well and wifey likes to shop there rather than traipse around those other 80 acre stores.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Are you going to vote for them or the other lesser of 2 evils candidate? If you don't vote at all, you are merely aligning your opinion with the winning candidate. This may be one you don't want to govern. Don't complain if you don't vote.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

You are right about the quota system which is also in place for the feather industry too.

The quota system does not allow them to export milk and compete with you either.

It also builds in too many cash flow guarantees and I suggest many quota operators are very highly leveraged and can not survive changes which will come. Those changes will ultimately spell the end of quotas and a real hard lesson for many who have been protected from ups and downs of the market.

jr said

"BTW If it was all guys like you in the one world country phase we are about to be pushed into I would prbably join up for that citizenship. "

I take that as a compliment and thank you. I could probably be considered 'ready' and willing to put up with you too. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Yes, I read the article, Smokey. I think the "Goldman Saks" of the world are scared shiftless of the Tea Party. Bad things do happen to good people and good things happen to bad people but the taxpayers can not continue to be the world`s policeman and take care of all the neighborhood strays. Also we can`t balance the budget by taxing everyone that we think might have a dollar or two more than us. 

0 Kudos