cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

What happened to Brazil's huge crop...... ?

Notice how it hasn't hit the news cycle at all........ for 2-3 months.

It would be 4 times a day if they had a surprisingly good crop.  Wouldn't it?

If hobby hadn't kept us up ............ maybe Covid ate the crop?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: What happened to Brazil's huge crop...... ?

China thinks beans are cheap, they bought 8 ships out of PNW.  Seems the same media that want Democrats to win also want farm commodities as inexpensive as possible.    Bears are liberals.

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

BA, I believe that it is the nature of most farmers to be bullish, and optimistic. That is what keeps us going on the 12-14 hour days it takes to plant and nurture our baby crops, and to parent our finished crops into the trucks and bins. And then get ready for the same cycle once again.

Liberals, or leftists, really don't desire success for others....it is not in their nature. The ones that are removed from actual farming, or that never had a stake in it, seem to be jealous and envious of those of us that have our skin still in the game. 

Sometimes it is hard for the liberals to not show their basic character. They do not wish for success for others, even if it means no detriment to their own lives.  Low commodity prices mean low income for the actual farmers, and they find that good.

Thats my take on it. I am sure there are exceptions to this, but you would not know it from these forums.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yeah Red, I think they want the best deal for their communist Chinese friends.  So news and polls get slanted towards the American farmer losing and if he or she does end up leaving something to their heirs, they`re going to take that now too.

I saw your friend Mike the other day, crops look good up there, I did see many bean fields that looked  dicamba damage though.  Lesson learned from last year, I planted all Extend, and hired elevator to spray and was only fields with neighbors having corn.  Got a field surrounded by acreages, I sprayed Zidua Pro pre and Flexstar/Brawl post.  

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

BA, I think that the new 2-4-d beans get droopy after being spraying, just like the "old" beans did when you sprayed "rescue" or " butryac" on them....you think the "new" beans are just the old beans? lol

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

When  beans  get  to  $29.50 ,  sell  50 % , then  wait  on  the other  50%  for  that  last $O.50  - Smiley LOL

I'm waiting for  marketing  position  from  my candidate  Jo  Jorgensen ,  and  I  get  the  same  response  as  I  get  from my  current  legislative  elected  officials  -  Smiley LOL

Although '' i  herd ''  they will  get  back  to  me ,    after  they  get  done  looking  at  the  market  conditions  of  live  cattle  spreads  - Smiley LOL

What's  in  your  wallet ,   changing  to ,  who's  in  your  wallet  -  -  -

With , K  Street  D. C. ,  being   a  shorter  commute  to  halls  of  Congress ,  than  I -80  or  I -70 ,  in  the  flies  over  country ,  we  get   -  ? 

Remember the  hype  of  moving  U S D a ,  to  Kansas  City  was  supposed  to  straighten  these  issue's  out  - ?

Drought  2012  , invert  the  numbers 12  to  21 ,  wa'la  -  mask  free  -  -  - 

Fox  Business  is  on  every  day , with  marketing  advise spots ,  which  might  be  an  option   -  -  -                

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

The dryness down yonder is not just a this year thing.

http://www.soybeansandcorn.com/news/Jun18_21-Brazils-Minister-Askes-Brazilians-to-Conserve-Energy

A good crop can be grown without excessive rain that would just run off into the rivers.

Lake Mead and Powell are @ 50% capacity or less.

BTW, Brazil is forecasting a 2.5% increase in acres next year.  That is getting to be a significant amount of acres of  New production.

Enjoy these prices while they last. These are not the New normal.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Brazil seems to be in that desperate farmer stage when 40% more acres, with same equipment and labor, look like the answer to the budget problems.   Which leads to less production and worn out equipment (and labor)

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Somewhere in the past few days, saw a report ...

Somewhere in the past few days, I saw a report that both Brazil's bean & corn production was well within expectations. When you increase production 4-5% every year without an equivalent in demand, it doesn't take long until even a modest shortfall isn't significant.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Somewhere in the past few days, saw a report ...

Labor is not short there.

Most are not running wore out junk either.

Their biggest bottle neck is lack of on farm storage.

BUT that is/ will change too.

They are building on farm grain storage.

The break out of new farm land is keeping them from getting ahead of the curve.

Their production is twice what it was 10ish year's ago and still on a pretty much linear up swing.

0 Kudos