cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: What's The Story With GMO Corn ?

Almost as much action as FCOJ or lumber. Real tough job. For a while there, I thought you were Borselino.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Seed has been modified since the beginning of time naturally.   The genetic part of it only speeds up the timeline. This is helping the farmers feed the world.  I guess if it's not safe, it won't matter. Because people pushing the global climate change thing say we are all doomed anyways. 

BTW, the climate change thing has been happening since the beginning of time as well.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Haha Ray,

Do you know Borsellino or are you name dropping?  If you do please private email me your name so I can make a quick phone call to find out if he knows you.

Borsellino traded at the Merc with one of my best friends from Purdue in the S&P pit.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

GMO—
Genetically modified origins

A date rape drug from Arkansas - trooper tested governor approved.

Generally Mediocre Options — a computer worm that limits the potential of social media.

Geometricly Mutated Oxymoron—
Commonly witnessed in senate testimony. Seeds first planted in the 1990’s. Forms found now in most education facilities.

Geophysical Myopic Oration. —- first noted in mental breakdown cases after loss of voter support to a spoiled adult.

Gender Mental Ossification.
The process used by political factions to “enslave” by gender encapsulation.

Genocidal Male Opressionite
Self explanatory.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Those are very funny, thank you sw !

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I agree with you tiger...

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I never met Borselino but I respect the hell out of him. The morning after the Monday crash in October 87, Soros panicked and sold out of his positions, and it was Borselino who stood up and started buying in the S&P pit and turned the entire market around. Reminds me of the story about how JP Morgan walked onto the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and started buying to reverse the Panic of 1908. I like the story even more because I like hearing about when Soros get bitch slapped in the market. 

I was trading bonds in the late-80s and early 90s, on my trips to Chicago I met Tommy Baldwin and Charlie D. I remember Charlie D single handedly making a million dollars in a night session one evening by selling the market down until the Japanese desks in Tokyo gave in and Charlie covered 20 bond futures ticks in the course of two hours. He was some trader. I dealt with some phone brokers in the bond room, and got a kick how the pit brokers used to wave their hands flat over their heads to tell the phone brokers that Baldwin was leading a charge. I did business with a guy at Northern/Tullet futures named Joe Musselino, who later went on to start a very successful advisory firm called Bell Curve trading, where an old colleague of mine named Bill Strazzulo is a partner. That guy on CNBC Santelli covered my line while he was working at Sanwa Futures, and I knew a lot of the really great guys and women upstairs at Discount Corporation Futures. 

In New York I was close friends with a legendary Sugar trader named Joe DiLiberto, some of my best trading stories were from and about him. 

Long time ago, seems like ages. Was a different world then than it is today, the computers took all the fun out of the business.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

This just to add a point to sw' s post.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

The real story with GMO corn is it is a lawyers paradise.