cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

What's the fieldwork status

I got snow everywhere. I can go 30 mins any which way and they have way less. Seen a hint of wheat for the first time this spring yesterday in the low snow area

Heard that these northern prairie areas got snowed on.

Is fieldwork getting done in the corn belt?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: What's the fieldwork status

No soul has tried their corn yet... Might get started shortly so that everyone else does.. Just need a little bit more melt
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Lots of NH3 being put down (very little last fall due to wet conditions) Put in 55 acres of oats and new hay seeding this weekend.

Ground is working like it had had a good freeze last winter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

In Central Mo there was quite a bit of activity until last weeks storms. A lot of NH3 has been put in the ground, a lot of guys had worked ground in preparation to plant corn. Storms last week washed a lot of soil off recently worked fields. A few guys planted some corn last week, I would expect they will have to replant.  Patrick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I worked a little ground a couple weeks ago. Starting to get wet here in southern Ohio. Three weeks might get us ready to plant if the weather patern improves.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Nothing in NC Iowa till after Easter. Snow is gone but frost is still there. Last weekend in April would be a great start date for corn.......MikeM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hobby when you use oats for your cover how many lbs per acre do you seed. TIA
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Two bu (64#) they are on hel class ground. Would be nice to get an oat crop, but many years they are hay.

0 Kudos