cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Whatever happened to the "peak corn", "12 billion is gone", "don't sell"....

know it all guy? Tremendously arrogant and DEAD wrong! Oh wait...he's still around? The need for attention is too much to "bear" I guess! Smiley Happy

A couple from the legend (in his own mind) MT, wanna be guru extraordinaire. 

Some crow...

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/So-Ray-J/td-p/349971

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/Wow-II/m-p/359509

0 Kudos
43 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to the "peak corn", "12 billion is gone", "don't sell

Where is Wrestler and Illinois Steve?  Anybody on this site that talked about the potential (and now realized) large crop was harassed by the masses here.  Wrestler may have been a little rough around the edges, but he was more right than the blow hards.  Anybody talking a small crop was just telling you they didn't get anything sold.  The trade reacts and trades the USDA reports because they are more accurate than what producers claim to be.  To many "cry wolf" guys on here and in the country.  Now everybody is gonna lock the bin doors and hang on, most likely for lower prices.  For those fighting the trend, when will you throw the towel in now?  2014 could be interesting for sure.  Peak corn?  LOL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Yep the MT followers talking COP. They didn't like 7 $ corn. Selling 3 years was absolute lunacy. I just wish MT woulda been right. Oh well. I'm thinking I will cash out my hedges and plant wheat on my "fringe acres".
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

couldnt agree more cyclonegrain every year its seems the crop lives and dies three times a year bushels aint there bushels aint there well except for 2012 the bushels usually turn up.

comes across to me people think they can fool the markets and usda via the internet and bearish posts

ps australias crop has been downgraded a tad no suprise there but a drop in the ocean will make little difference to world stocks slack will get taken up else were

have a multitude of cropping freinds across midwest and montana and praries not single one them talked poor crops

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

One might want to remember the "Demand is dead and never coming back crowd.".......as well.   They were also dead wrong.

Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy  well I wish MT was right, it was fun selling $7 corn off the combine and buying machinery and stuff, but all good things come to a end, the party`s over.  I don`t know about the rest of you, but I had fun and would love to do it all again.

Last summer I went to the "economic summit" in Ames and that was a eye opener speakers said 140 million new acres came in production worldwide due to the high priced corn.  i don`t believe the USDA`s near 2 billion carryout, but enough do, so I supose that makes it true in some way, at any rate we produced more in 2013 than we`ll use, so that`s the bottomline.

Ethanol is cut, we`ll probably drag in Canadian beef and Mexican beef so USDA`s books will balance.  If we have a real perfect year ever, that will put the nail in the coffin of peak corn.  I liked "peak corn" peak corn is my friend, but I`m afraid that peak corn was my imaginary friend.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm here cyclone.  I just haven't been chiming in.  No point in stating the obvious I figure.  We certainly haven't heard much from the Mouth From Missouri lately.  The only thing he will talk about now is COP.  While COP is surely important in these times it doesn't address how he missed this crop by 3 billion bushels after convincing all of his followers to grow it, bin it, and sell it when you need cash.  He has mentioned a few times lately about how he is harvesting and has a ways to go yet.  This has been going on for  over a month now.  Doesn't make much sense since all summer he was telling us how his crop was gone.  A lot of his supporters on the other site have gone strangely silent too.  Sheepherder, Rich79, embt1979 and others stood by his side all summer telling how even if we did have a big crop and prices continued to drop it wasn't any big deal since they made so much money the last few years.  It probably made them feel better at the time but now that reality is setting in they are a tad stunned.  Hey I made a lot of money the last few years too.  Luckily I had enough forward contracted, along with off the combine sales and big yields to make a hell of a lot of money this year too.  At this point I don't feel too bad about having 30% of my 2014 crop priced well over $5.  I know you can't sell what you haven't raised but I just never seem to learn!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Yep, steve is here.

I, I, I, me, me, me------  Pizza time stevie

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I think wrestler was kicked off for bad language and personal attacks on others. To bad he couldn't play nice, some of what he said had merit.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You all seem to have a fixation on this poster, why is that? If he doesn't provide anything pertinent to the conversation then why don't you ignore him and provide something useful to this board. It seems some of you probably wouldn't post here if it wasn't for him so could this be personal? Mt throws a lot of crap against the wall and occasionally something sticks, I don't have to agree or like how he presents it, obnoxious child comes to mind at times but people will reply and discuss topics, what have you done to get people to talk other then attack a poster?