cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray h.
Senior Contributor

Whats going on?

This site used to be  vibrant with guys spilling beans about local fundementals and happenings.A lot of the older names or handels are gone,I am talking about 6 years ago.All the talk is about the trades power of correction or deception. How about some good old talk about reality of production cost and real time yeald possibilities!

0 Kudos
29 Replies
ag-?
Veteran Contributor

Re: Whats going on?

I agree hardly any of the people who were here 5 years ago. Also very little discussion on production insights how they will effect the market. Marketing sight is not as informative or interesting. Very few arguments or passion for positions stated on site like there was. What happened to these people and where are they now?
0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

You got to remember that six years ago that all there was to talk about was production cost and yield possibilities. The markets back then were nothing to talk about cause they only moved a nickel in a weeks time. Now they could be up 20 one minute cause were in a drought and down 20 the next cause china says they aren't eating today. People just look at this thing totally different these days.
0 Kudos
4wd
Senior Contributor

One of the best things this SF has added in the recent times is Marketeye's regular reports, and Scott Shellady's reports.

they add a lot.

0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

A few years ago the moderator allowed a certain poster to harass another poster enough that he left and it has not been the same since.  Then they reformatted the website and made it more cumbersome and slow, and made it too complicated. 

AgTalk is much simpler and faster!

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

OH come on guys all you guys are putting up a post to complain that the stuff you want to have discussed isn't being discussed............ WTH?

Hows about making a post about it and see what happens.

If you want to have a discussion you gotta start it sometimes. Just remeber that sometimes you get told more than you wanna hear. 

Personally I like the site just the way it is. I like all the posters. on here I think one of the things that we must keep in mind is some of us are very busy right now. Another week of craziness for me and I might be caught up. We have a few days of low winds should be able to get spraying done this weekend.

BTW got .4 inches of rain yesterday.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

"Texting" has changed society in the past 5 years.  No longer do people want to converse, they say their spiel and ignore replies.  Just saying, it has changed communication and politeness.  Not condusive to sharing information that doesn`t have an agenda.

0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

And how much are you being paid to post here?  Fact is there are those who are paid to post on talk forums like this one!

Like I said the owners of this site ruined it years ago by driving away good posters.  I use to come here everyday.  Now only a couple times a week.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

It's doesn't always happen, but I read what is on this sight to gain knowledge.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos