cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray h.
Senior Contributor

Wheat Story

Begining about a year ago wheat markets started showing a strength, charting higher to harvest and then a typical harvest time retraction. The Dakotah spring wheat and the Canadian prairie spring wheat acreage had a story, so did central and eastern Washington, and eastern Oregon. Now I will try to pick on a little global problem, Australia was in the news for weeks and la nina was hammering at loss if not just quality, I know because I have raised wheat for decades and know it does not handle the amount of precipitation they had with out significant problems. Now think of the information out of the black sea area. Just a week or two ago there was an article Ukraine was in drought condition on about a third of their producing area. Since then I have heard their 22 production will millions more ton than last year.             Any way it seems with all of the combine story telling last year plus the fact that la nina is out there in force, our nitrogen is over twice what it was last year, diesel the better part of double, I would say to any one in the trade,Happy new year, Wheat has a story!

3 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Wheat Story

They say if Russia invades Ukraine that will be bullish for wheat as, I suppose there would be sanction on Russian exports?   Question is would China and other rogues follow suit on imports?

parker0582
Friend

Spring Wheats Story Please...

I watch a lot of programs with analysts such as RFD tv... all you ever hear is corn and soybeans... the most you get out of the Cow Guy is wow spring is under $10 dollars that will be one to watch... WOW... that was informative... Could one analyst ever give a outlook on Spring Wheat...

Happy New Years From wind chill -44 at the moment in ND

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

My guess is as far below trend Dakotah , Canadian prairies, Washington state,Oregon were this year in production carry will forthe near term be a thing of the past. The trade likes to manipulate highs and lows for the customer base. A few short weeks ago one trader said we dont have enough wheat, I concur! I believe there are at least three classes of wheat that there simply is not enough of. Time makes allthings clear!

Tags (1)