cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turdypointbuck
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wheat gone wild,after

As crappy as the US wheat crop is, it shouldnt ever be under $5. Rust, fungus filled crap.

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Senior Advisor

Carry in a gunny sack of wheat from india onto the board of trade and ask if they want to eat it.....better hurry

they close july 1....that brings up another point....with the floors closed, if one wanted to make a market statement

it will no longer be possible.....

still say another market should open up.....the CME is no longer a commodity exchange

oh, consider computers do not eat cookies, bread or pizza crust, like some said.....

maybe we should sour their milk.....change the freq of their power and see how they react....same as giving

all the traders a bad doughnut......they seem to remember that.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I had this thread marked from last spring when western Ks was looking at its 5th bad wheat crop in a row.....  The northwest was hit with a rare poor crop.  

I just wanted to re read it with some history to reflect on...  It is a sad case, the wheat market..... If it wasn't for cattle grazing, I wonder how many acres would actually be planted?

And I wonder how much of the milo/corn acres were there because wheat is hardly worth planting??

High seed prices for other crops may be all that is preserving any wheat acres....

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I also read today that the US share of the world wheat market is down to 9%  from somewhere around 40+% years ago....

I am sure our lack of production is part of it, but that is a discouraging reality...

0 Kudos