cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Wheat may not hang around....

too much longer. The Star sat from NOAA is showing central OK greening up BEFORE the TX wheat area due south across Red river: Tx WW from just south of Abilene north-ward to Wichita Falls may be in some trouble from the looks of this image.

star sat.gif

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Wheat may not hang around....

If its not hanging around, where is it going to go?  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

sorry, thought that was implied.... the inertia/force is upward, so........meaning joining C/B on the next up leg is what i'm seeing.

but, if progress report on Monday is not poor enough (compared to last yr and expectations - might consolodate (hang around) a while longer.

thx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I was just playing around with you CX. - hoping to get a bit more explanation - which I succeeded in doing! Smiley Happy

Thanks for your work!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I was just playing around with you CX -  hoping to get a bit more explanation.  Which I succeeded in doing!!  Smiley LOL

Thanks for your work!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

MANY around here have not sprayed
Or top dressed the wheat. When the
Coop says its iffy that's something.
We might get. .25 in the next couple
Of days, but a drop in the bucket.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Must be some wheat that is better, so how much is  half way decent. like enough to be paying the bills

Been reading a lot of reports that say 17% give or take good to excellent

That can't be a very big part of entire wheat production is it? Just some isolated places maybe??

In my neck o the woods I need 95% good to excelent and even then wheat doesn't pay so much, net bottom line

What with a discount for 10 different reasons the price on my pay slip is a lot less then where i started at the posted price or contracted or/ maybe hoping for a mirical to happen

I can't imagine anybody hoping poor wheat will pay the bills, so they spend money on it, hoping for the best

You folks must have a bullet proof crop insurance plan to pay the bills and buy food etc.

Looks to me like a cash defecit problem is looming

What is plan B to make some money

Our plan B is RR and them beans or corn

But that is a "here thing"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Wg. I don't know where you are at but
with limited moisture, wheat is usually
The only viable option.

Beans can be expensive to plant, corn
and Milo even worse.

It isn't fun anymore.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Wg, that is why most producers in the wheat belt don't put all their eggs in the same basket.  I've said it before, diversification is key in this area.

0 Kudos