cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Wheat yields

I'm just reading this morning that the crop tours first day projects a yield of 39 bu/acre. 10 bushels less than the department of agriculture. I'm also reading that the winter wheat crop is almost done harvesting and nobody is talking about yields only combing pace. Next out in the news is how much carryover in the bins from last year so the corrupted govt. agencies don't have to state how bad the crop really was.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Wheat yields

That’s it in a nutshell.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Yields were in the 30% of an average crop range and acres were lower than way below usda’s ever changing reports.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I also forgot SW. About end of august we will hear how people stopped using wheat and usage is way down so even with a slightly smaller crop carryover will be the same. Hahahaha
Veteran Contributor

If they're thinking a big wheat crop in Canada is going to save the day they are mistaken. The drought that started 2 years ago hasn't let up yet and if there was a crop tour up here it would say the same thing as what the US crop tour is saying. The crop is not what people think. Of course you will always have the bto saying he has a bumper crop because pride won't let him tell the truth. But as we know bull***** doesn't pay the bills.
0 Kudos