cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: When do E plants cry uncle?

Just bought a new flex fuel vehicle Today and the flex fuel thing was O consideration in the purchase of this thing. The dealers rep that shows you how to do all the bells and whistles these things have nowadays said "this is a flex fuel vehicle but you will like it better with e 10 or just regular gas not E85".072712951119[00].jpg

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

JR, with 3.50 gas, I would say they will shut down after the milk boys

Dude that was the point!

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

Isn't the point that milk will go up shortly after the dairy producers shut down?

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Alright, first of all, a Ford? Seriously Hobby, I suppose you didn`t even look at GM products?  Ray, I`m just in the cheap seats and don`t know what these state "RFS waivers" entail would it be temporary?  Does it also affect the oxygenate requirement of E-10?  I got a story here that doesn`t seem too biased http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-ethanol-waiverbre86q1fr-20120727,0,7348135.story   Back 20 some years ago when ethanol was being built by farmers, you`d hear "yeah, farmers will build ethanol up and the the oil companies will steal it away".  And speaking of 20 some yrs ago, livestock farmers would grin ear to ear at high corn prices because they knew high cattle and hog prices were just around the corner, they raised their feed.  So, we all got "smart" and now most livestock raisers are specialized, don`t raise a stitch of grain.  Livestock industry was built on the idea of profits coming from corn raised at below the cost of production...that`s how it was taken away from the small independents in the first place.  In the mid 90`s Big Pork Inc gave us no quarter, now I`m selling them $8 corn and will show them the same sympathy that I was shown.  I know it`s the 21th century and hogs are fed out on 5 acre plots with 2 buildings containing 4,999 head but they need to also change their cheap corn business model to some how capture their profits at the supermarket, they`re clever individuals I`m sure they`ll figure it out.  With ethanol, keeping the oxgenate requirement is a no brainer, unless E-85 can keep at least a 40¢ spread, the marketplace will cut it`s production.  So, who goes without in a 1 billion bushel short fall?  Well, years ago we signed up for the "ugly side" of cut throat capitalism, let`s see how we like it.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

The folks unwilling or unable to pay the most. It always works that way in a capitalist society.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Yep looked at some last winter and well they just aren't what they used to be. I still have a '06 Trail Blazer I really like.

I also am voting with my check book. Have a real hard time with Obama Motors.

My wife is getting closer to retirement and well the Buick she goes to work in with 213,000 should last that job out (2years).

We were in Hawaii a fews years back and on one of the islands we had an Escape and I wanted to tag it as luggage and take it home.

We also looked at the new13 model year Escapes and well she didn't like the looks of them and they are just different and she wanted

the older style, and well you see the results.

I'm on the four point marketing plan around here and $8 corn and $16 beans only took four trips to town with my tractor and wagon/trailer.

If we miss the rain this weekend the markets should move a little higher and I JUST MAY do a little recreatioal grain hauling.

The majority of the crops in this area are hurt pretty bad. Mine need a rain too, and right away to continue.

Just had another call from a neighbor wanting a few bales of grass hay. Any amount just needed hay even 6 bales would help.

This is July.

0 Kudos
BTS4-210
Contributor

If you have a problem with GM  do you also have a problem with direct pay, counter cylical pay, LDP, EQUIP, CRP, WRP    and Amtrack? to name a few?

0 Kudos
arnfarm735
Senior Contributor

Yes!!

0 Kudos