cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

When it Rains.....

It Pours. My posts will be sporadic for awhile. Between the farm sale upcoming and Dr visits, we now have had a death in the family that's going to require my attention for a bit. I'll be back as soon as I can to post seething that's bound to be controversial.

I'm back in MN today, will have a chance to go through by the Zumbrota area and see this fabulous corn. So far, I've not seen a lot to write home to mom about. Lots of yellow & spindly corn from the roadside survey.

Doc says infection in leg is not resolved. Additional oral antibiotics & may have to go back in hospital. It just gets better...

Jen
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: When it Rains.....

Jen, just take care of yourself. We are big boys and we'll be alright during your absence.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Will keep the coffee pot on as well as the porch light  -  take care

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry for your loss.

You are welcome to stop in as you drive by..... I'm not the jerk you think I am.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Jen,

Do you get paid to post?? Take care of your business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

LOL - no, I don't get paid to post. Too funny. The funeral is my father in law in Evansville, WI. I'm not going to go. After a short discussion we decided it was too dangerous for me to get caught somewhere if this thing decides to flare up suddenly over the weekend. So I'm staying home with the dachshunds to keep me company. I really wanted to go down and see how the corn was doing doing down there. But, not this weekend.

Jen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours Jen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You and your family have our sympathy.
I understand the infection. We fought
A leg infection on my dads leg for
4 years...went to the wound clinic
Soon many times that we were on the
First name basis...knew where the supplies
Were kept and told what the nurse needed
And got it.
Hope you don't need to do the Iv for
A couple of weeks, but if it will do the
Trick, might be worth it.

So take care.

Oh, by the way, you are right on the corn,
We just (or I should say they) have figured
It out yet. Things might be different
In a couple months.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jen --- Thoughts and prayers -your way - From East Central IN

And Take care of that LEG ! Dam it !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

When I had mrsa in my foot, I had six weeks of IV treatments every single day and each IV was a two hour drip. All involved expected an amputation as the end result.

Also visited a hyperbaric oxygen chamber for 30 days where your whole body is subjected to a pressurized Oxygen chamber for two hours 5 days per week. The idea that body is immersed in an oxygen rich environment to absorb not only through the lungs but through the skin as well. Intended to facilitate healing.

They also ran a RotoRooter down the leg arteries to open the arteries up to improve blood flow.

The whole process was quite an ordeal, So don't mess around with it. Have they ordered you to stay off your leg? That is probably necessary!

0 Kudos