cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Where is this bumper crop coming from.

Went fishing last weekend,saw Western IA, NE Nebraska, and Eastern SD. The crop looks horrible, is it that good in Illinois and out east. Reminded me of 93 in spots, water everywhere. SW Iowa is crazy too, it's either the best looking field of corn you have ever seen, or completely destroyed. Hail I would guess.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Where is this bumper crop coming from.

The crops look good to very good here (W central NE) but I belive are too uneven to set records.   Yes, there are fields that are picture perfect, where they got planted in good moisture, at the right time, and are well drained.   But for every one of those, there is another one, with uneven emergence, drown spots, etc.   Overall, still a lot of potential, but I think the top end is off the yields, at least around here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Maine and maryland
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Don't leave. out Alaska and R. I.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Someone said Hawaii had excellent potential but might have way to much pot ash.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Water everywhere in ontario... But I know it's not as bad as you fellows got it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I traveled from S. Central Minnesota to Maryland on I80, and i can say there was nothing to make this year a record crop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Last years crop here in central Illinois was planted late and wet. June was good and July and August were dry. Lots of 200+ whole farm dry bushel scale ticket averages inspite of that. This year looks much better to this point. Crop went in early and a bit cool and emergence was a bit uneven, but nearly perfect weather since. Have to drive for miles and miles to find a corn field that would not rate excellent. It's still along ways to harvest, but not near as far as it was a few months ago. Of course, corn usually looks pretty good at this time of year around here. Its the hot or dry Julys and Augusts that hurt our yields when they happen. Just my backyarditis.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

EC IL "COULD" blow all of our records out of the water. We've got away's to go but it's really, really set up to be a big one.

That's just "here" though of course.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The simple answer is IA, IL, IN, and even a wet NE thrown in for fun. Heck even OH and MN could still be average.

0 Kudos