cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Where's the BIG Gap Down, Genius?

Well at least she didnt gap below thurdays low.that would have been scary unless one is short

0 Kudos
Advisor

Jen I could come up with a pithy sentence to make people laugh but I won't. I truelly hope you can find some sort of peace and hold no ill will against you. Maybe it's time to sign off, ok.
Contributor

Your exactly right cat. I have learned to read between the lines of everything I've read on here. VR's rants get old as well as MT's. We all know by now that a frost scare is just that, a scare. In my 30 plus years of farming I've seen plenty of killer frosts that on the next marketing day were poo pooed by CBOT. I realize that some poor guy up north has had his or hers beans zapped but the markets don't care. Just like the poor **bleep** that is picking up blown down corn while 10 miles away his neighbor is picking 250 bpa corn. All the board sees is big crop!!! Doesn't matter what some of us have to endure to reap it.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I agree but there was substantial frost , it all depends on the stage of the crops, i think it would be wise to watch a few days and then the truth shall be known
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

it was not a NON event for sure -- too much real estate was involved -  i'm not a producer, but NASS provides good acreage maps where crops were planted.

i watched temps till about 330 am Sat...there was already some official 32 or below areas - but we all know frost can and does begin forming by 38-37 if dewpoint is close below that and above 32......... all 8 of the western states had varying amounts of real estate in growing areas that qualified by 330 am.

i know prod was clipped - it wil just take time to be debated out in prices over next several months.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

+ a producer took a road trip between Fergus Falls Mn -- Huron, SD - traveled Wed and Sun - said 75% of beans took hit from frost

read it yourself on ag talk..............

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

As of right now - 8:24 CDT, Sunday, Sept 14th, we no longer have a gap down, let alone, a BIG gap.  

I have read what you guys have said.  I have a fish on the line, and you want me to cut him lose.  If I thought it was in my best interest, and it may be, I would.  But, maybe you all haven't read all of the posts of VR over the last week, or more.  I have.  All of them.  To the end.  Because I' m not a genius,  I need to read the whole thing.

I'm not going to repost some of his most self-indulging posts from the last week or so.  But he has been holding himself up as a "Marketing Genius", one in touch with the almighty herself, and has been given the power to foretell the markets better than anyone that has ever lived.  I'm sorry - he failed the test.  He has irritated a bunch of people on here - intentionally.  He's doesn't posess the great powers he says he has, and appears to me to be a fraud, and should be marked as such in my book.

Some call me a fraud.   But I'll say right out (and have multiple times since last summer) - I don't have a degree in any sort of weather, and I'm not a meterologist.  I've never said that I was.  Heck, I even have trouble spelling it.  But, then, why are my forecasts, which I don't study all day long and make a living at, mostly as good or better than many of the professionals?   That has been my question since the talking head incident last summer.  Why - because most take the easy way out and just show what the National Weather Service prints out, which you know, especially with the long term stuff, has sucked this summer.  Those in the farming community that can't pay for an expensive service, that may be tied to the CBOT in some way, deserved better.  I felt I could do better, so I am.  If someone thinks they can do better than me, good - do it.

No - I got a fish on the hook.  I want to play him a bit longer, maybe even pull him out of the water for a bit and see him gasp, and look into his eyes, so he knows and i know that I caught him.  Then, maybe, I'll let him go.

Jen

Veteran Advisor

if soy trades above 990 anytime this session and closes above 985 ( + from Fri close)

outside day higher in this environs is technically very bullish

already traded to 980^6 - holding 980^0-979^6 now....not alot more movement needed.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Let it go Jenny.  Be the bigger person here.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I live in Dairy country.  The question is anyone buying at these prices or selling at these prices?  I have been asked to sell to a dairy farmer for $4.00, but just yellow corn now on 75% of my acres right now. Some early planted is fully dented. I find the prices being talked on the this site not market prices.  Some corn is priced in this area at ave of one year coop pay price. 

0 Kudos