Re: From an EPA press release earlier,
Under this agreement, the following actions will be undertaken by EPA and USDA:
- In a forthcoming supplemental notice building off the recently proposed 2020 Renewable Volume Standards and the Biomass-Based Diesel Volume for 2021, EPA will propose and request public comment on expanding biofuel requirements beginning in 2020.
- EPA will seek comment on actions to ensure that more than 15 billion gallons of conventional ethanol be blended into the nation’s fuel supply beginning in 2020, and that the volume obligation for biomass-based diesel is met. This will include accounting for relief expected to be provided for small refineries.
- EPA intends to take final action on this front later this year.
- In the most recent compliance year, EPA granted 31 small refinery exemptions.
- Building on the President’s earlier decision to allow year-round sales of E15, EPA will initiate a rulemaking process to streamline labeling and remove other barriers to the sale of E15.
- EPA will continue to evaluate options for RIN market transparency and reform.
- USDA will seek opportunities through the budget process to consider infrastructure projects to facilitate higher biofuel blends.
- The Administration will continue to work to address ethanol and biodiesel trade issues.
This certainly is good news for corn farmers. A guaranteed 15 billion gallons of ethanol and a full allotment of biodiesel puts a floor under volumes and prices.
Re: Exactly, ...
Exactly, trump illegally deprived farmers and ethanol producers of something that was legally theirs in the first place and is now returning it to them only because the political consequences would have been disastrous for the republicans.
So farmers simply get back what was rightfully theirs minus three years of low corn prices and lost sales. If anyone applauds trump for this, they're fools.
Re: Exactly, ...
After the machine stops........
You can find anything in print in 2015, much of which is not real or actual done. After I read the release, maybe the Iowa rep knows what she is talking about.... I am not sure 15 b or blending has ever actually occured? Or was it just a goal or lip service.
Most of the congressional activity prior to the present rants has been cheap talk.
I felt better about it after I read the link. It made me want to go back and research the blending data.