cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Who Is Jenny?

ECIN, I'm a CFII, MEI.  But I  am required to have the same medical certificate to fly as what I had to control aircraft.  My medical was revoked 4 years ago - and it will take an act of Congress (and we all know how well that institution works these days) and a clean bill of health to get it back.  I do teach, which is why in the past you saw me posting about Oklahoma.  I instruct part time (between farming activities) at the Air Traffic Academy in Oklahoma City.  It's a great job, and has given me an entirely different perspective on our younger generation.  The students I have taught there were fantastic, and I have no quams flying an aircraft in a busy sector with these new controllers at the helm.

The area in Moore, OK is where we shopped when in OKC.  One of my cardiologists had his office by the Moore Medical Center.  It was destroyed, and I got a letter last week about the fact that many of the paper records had been lost and scattered by the Tornado.  Mine included.  OKC is a quite unsettling place to live.  Everytime the sirens blow you wonder if this is the one that pummels your new car with hail, or displaces around a tree somewhere.

I loved flying, and controlling aircraft, and it was another thing that was very difficult for me to be forced to quit.  But like I said, it is time, and I wouldn't give my medical back to me either.  Thanks for the job offer though.  And no, I'm still not accepting applications for adoption.

I did get out west of Northfield, MN yesterday.  On the way I went past the Syngenta Research Center at Stanton.  I was past there a few weeks ago when they were mudding in thier test plots - and they look now like what the did then.  It looks like they were mudded in.  As I drove Hwy 19 west, the number of acres that are barron and not even touched yet this year tell the story of how though this spring has been here.  It's ugly, and continues to get uglier by the day.  Peas for the cannery are 4 - 6 inches tall, no double crop beans this year.  And of course, it's raining again.

ECIN - the fire on my feet might feel good after todays report!

Senior Contributor

Jenny..Think you are almost a neighbor of mine { I farm in Eastern CLARK CO..Unity area } Excellent post !  John

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yes, I do Farm NE of Spencer. You must've known Wally at Harmony. I'm still shocked on how quickly he passed. I had spoken to him just before he went into the hospital.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Hey jenny -- I sent you a PM --

And keep a good eye on JJC -- LOL 

This nice - two of you that live in the land of milk and honey !  LMAO this is good

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jenny, ECI and I would be proud to call you neighbor. If you are looking for a small airfield to keep you busy the Trotwood Dahio airport is for sale. $570,000 asking price. It is currently occupied mostly with ultralights and has a variety of hangers. It even has 130 acres of tillable ground!

http://www.sibcy.com/viewlisting.aspx?mls=528745&b=DTON&p=INDU&s=COMM&m=1&sender=SearchResults&a=133...

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Well I'LLLL beeeee, you went right threw my neighborhood on your little drive to Nortfield. I'm Just about 10-15 miles south. But I know that end of the county pretty good too. Your not to far from me if you went west to Northfield and on 19...... Have it narrowed done to three towns. Thanks for sharing you story.

BTW, you aren't the one responsible for sending those F-15s and other assorted military planes over my farm are you? **bleep**. I can just see it now, you in the control room with the flight plans, clearing flight space for those training runs of F-15s and thinking some poor farm is going to crap his plants today when these things go over!!!! Lmao

Did you work the tower or the ground control off site of MSP? Well at least I'm assuming you worked MSP.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Sorry  I'm so late with a reply - I've been on vacation out west.  I worked at Minneapolis Center in Famington.  And no, I didn't send the F-16s over your house.  I worked the North and South Dakota areas primarily, and northern MN.  There - yes, I could be resonsible.  And they do scare the heck out of you since you con't see them until they're gone and go BOOM!!!

Jen

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I thought they weren't supposed to go boom anymore unless it was a national emergency. Scaring the hell out of farmers might be rewarding, but it isn't a defense crisis.
0 Kudos