Veteran Contributor

Who is this new market

Alright I will bite. The Sec said they US Government would open new markets for ag products. My question is who has the ability to step up and replace China. How many years will this take, after all a bunch of us might just be in the grave before it all comes down. My problem with China is they are a bunch of stingy traders. Having said that if the administration can come with money from new markets quickly , then we might be ahead (skeptical) .Anyone know who or where this new market is.

Contributor

Re: Who is this new market

Maybe we'll drop food instead of bombs on brown people.

Senior Contributor

Re: its the midterm election market,

That's why this current band aid....IF it ever happens...

i doubt the govt is going to send bail checks till next spring or most likely next fall i.e. When the govt normally sends farm checks.

IF the markets act ok  and there is deemed no tariff effect...the govt is not going to pay then.

what blows me away is the bail money programs are from the 1930s sooooo if we had low markets the last couple years Where was the govt programs for beneficial use then???

guess it's best to just keep a sense of humor re the whole Mickey Mouse mess. Lol

Honored Advisor

Wait. Mickey Mouse has way too much net worth to qualify for anything from Welfare USDA as well as the producers of most of the farm commodities being raised. So let’s declare a week recess to prepare our mid season tax returns and apply them to the pre released rule book formulas from FSA. (After legal fees and union dues will we qualify for the sympathy of a tv crew or a reunion with our parents at the expense of the taxpayer?)
Senior Contributor

Its interesting you post this since August is when the dc cesspool takes 6 weeks off. Lol

Honored Advisor

Question was who will replace China.
Answer is everyone else. China taking everything Brazil can produce opens huge market potential that is not as seasonal. It’s been great to see beans sell and meal production up in the off season
Honored Advisor

And at bargain prices.
Senior Contributor

Re: China can only source enough "alternative product"

[ Edited ]

To effectively replace bout 1/3 of the soy supply they currently get in the USA.

Who knows how well the alternatives are going to work or cook for the Chinese?

soooo in most respects, China is simply going to have to buy the higher priced USA soy....for awhile.

this i.e. The afore day will eventually end and chinese paybacks to the USA could be a mother bear so to speak.

trump is a true disappointment in all this.  Just short sighted kromagnum man thinking.

Veteran Advisor

A tweet just moments ago, on my Twitter feed:

"First Trump trade win! EU has agreed to lower industrial tariffs, aligning standards on medical products & import more US soybeans as much as 3 MMT in order to avoid a 25% auto tariff! US could turn out to be top EU soybean supplier!" Source: EU Commission & Bloomberg

What say you?

Mike

Honored Advisor

What say I?   Just a question....Is the door big enough to let all the bears out? Smiley Wink