Esteemed Advisor

Re: Whoa, 3.75" rain N Iowa

Is rain still making grain?

Honored Advisor

You'all ain't done up there?

Honored Advisor

Roarin, the elevator piles of corn got a soakin last night, that might add bushels  Smiley Happy  

Hobby, I don`t think the corn is half done around here.  It was wet spots before this and you can`t make "new endrows" as good as around wetspots in a beanfields. 

Senior Advisor

I think Hobbie has a good question there - about not be'n' done - But just as I figured ! They sleep in till 9 then have coffee and then watch Cathy Lee and Hooda - then shell a few rounds - then back in for lunch - then after a hour and half - go back out for a few loads = slackers ! They have become to use to the life of lesure ! they go out in the spring and throw out 6 seeds and 10 come up - they -- more or less just show up - and it's all handed to them - Now - they have a wet year and they just don't know what to do ! But get on here and make exuses !

Need to come and farm with me or Hobbie for a week - we would have you wipped into shape in a week - then again - the next week you would be to sore to do anything but have your wifes wait on yeah - Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Advisor

The elevators filled up here yesterday with beans.  Waiting on boats to come into toledo to load out.  Don't matter as it's raining now anyway.

Senior Contributor

I live on the Iowa / Minnesota line. We received 3 inches last night. Finished up corn on Sunday. The ripper has been going nonstop since until getting rained out.  I made a personel promise to myself to always be done with harvest by Halloween. Remembering the ice storm on Halloween in 91.

Who is Cathy Lee?

Honored Advisor

I`ll never forget the `91 Halloween ice storm, Albert Lea was out of power for about a week...out here in the sticks the old "Interstate Power" got our power on after about 12 hours, but had to run the generator for the livestock. 

Veteran Advisor

About 1" in eastern Iowa.  Over half way done.  I finished Sunday.  Not many wet spots to go around.  Northern Iowa seemed to take a hit this year.

Contributor

I know the type.  Dynastic ownership first to complain about everything.