Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Why the rail road is busy

0 Kudos
8 Replies
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: Why the rail road is busy

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting.
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

That's a very informative graphic of the hidden physical reality.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Hobby,

That is amazing how they can have such presence in the oil bearing zone and have so few wells on the surface.

80 years agowe would have had a well every 800 feet trying to do the drill out the field.  One mile spacings with that much zone coverage is a vast improvement. .

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

i'm doing my part to keep prices downand keep the opil companies efficient. 105 mpg lifetimne average on my car. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

What the hell do you drive, a golfcart?

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Hahaha!

A Chevy Volt. Best car I've ever owned (leased). Passed three cars the other day that were grouped together on a two lane. By the time I was up to the third car I was doing 100 mph in all electric mode. Electronic limiter cuts in at 102 mph.

After a little more than a year and a half I finally had to bring it in. About 4 oz down in battery coolant. Lid is locked on the reservoir as they don't want anyone putting in coolant if there is an internal leak (I assume). They added a little, did a pressure test overnight and said it was probably a bubble that took that long to work out.

Meanwhile, was assigned my personal Volt advisor (Brandon) for the rest of my life and they checked in with me and the dealer each and every day to make sure everything was being taken care of. THEN they started sending me bags, caps and trinkets for my trouble (not much). Shocked I tell you. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
booked
Veteran Contributor

Re: Hahaha!

Palouser

I thought that the volt ran on gas?

Do you also plug it in to charge the batteries?

Can it be pluged in ?

By the way (moderator) this post has nothing to do with marketing but I see no reason it should be deleted and I bet it won't be.

0 Kudos
booked
Veteran Contributor

Re: Hahaha!

Palouser I just could not wait for your answer so I looked up the answer and I do see how you get the great gas mileage........ Sun of a gun the volt can be plugged in to a wall outlet to recharge the batteries. Now for the next question, after skim reading all the propaganda on the volts web pages I did not see an answer to this. What is your experience with cabin heating and cooling! An air conditioner could take a lot of power. So on the volts web sight it says the volt has a 38 mile range in electric only mode. Now my question is that also true if the air conditioner is on max because it is 95 degrees outside or does the air on max require the gas engine to start? And then the heating question if it was 0 degrees out side will it also have the same 38 mile range? You mentioned the battery cooling system will it keep the cabin warm or is a separate system for battery cooling only? Sure hope you see this post as I have never ran into a volt much less an owner of one so would really like to hear some more about the car and your experiences with it. Thanks for your time Palouser And I sure hope the moderator will not delete this off topic question and I bet they won't.
0 Kudos