cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Will Corn breakout?

I have my crop insurance at 85%, thankfully, and I think that may be where my whole farm yields end up. Normally I would expect a yield bump of 20% over, or more, but I think it is very doubtful this year and that is why any selling from these quarters will be muted since I already have the insured bushels pre-sold. Don't get out the violins for me, I am going to have a great year just with the insured quarantees, but I am being realistic...the crop yield prospects have declined.

But some other parts of MN have great corn....some actually are probably hoping for dry weather, too. Rain is a spotty thing.

0 Kudos
dapper7
Senior Contributor

Re: DW seem to me like NE might

no records here mark. .40 rain in the last month here. wont be helping bring iowa up here.

0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Re: DW seem to me like NE might

The last five days have been hard on crops in Iowa where no rain has fallen.  I have corn that is brown up to the tassle(no it hasn't black layered yet).  I have beans the color of money, of course that is silver money.   SD is starting to show in the beans.  Nothing wrong with selling at these prices, just make sure you have it to sell. 

I would say we are taking 10 bushels an acre off corn each week it doesn't rain.  If we can catch a rain in the next five days, beans could still produce well, but the clock is ticking.

0 Kudos
rightone
Senior Contributor

Re: Dave most everything W of you had

3 to 5" in mid to late July.

Looks good. REAL Good.

Everything on Highway 14 and Highway 81 could use an inch or so of h20 right now ( S to N whole way, KS, NE, Dak etc ).

All those crops are new record territory if that last inch or so shows up this week.

We'll see.

0 Kudos