Veteran Advisor

Wkly Corn (closeup), daily CRB

ScreenShot047.gifScreenShot046.gif

0 Kudos
11 Replies
crophugger
Senior Contributor

Re: Wkly Corn (closeup), daily CRB

c-x-1 what are your thoughts on the dollar chart and your 6 month crystal ball say
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

looks to be in a solid downtrend on daily...could find some temporary support @ 79 area. However, euro has already made new highs for year, so i don't see this support for long.

76.5 for a 3 month objective and 74-72 perhaps, for a 6-8 month target. then, late 2008 winter lows in the 70.50 area aren't too far beneath that.

watch crude this week----if it can avoid any more downside, this will have important ramifications across the crb.

c-x-1 

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Cx I'm trying to convine myself I see a bull flag on the weekly bean chart. Is it there or am I hoping
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Cat,

they have not broken my wkly or monthly up-trend lines, YET...KINDA hugging the lower up channel line like corn.

i have another name for the pattern i believe you're referring....one could get even more fundamental (basic) and just call it an A-B-C flat correction in the Elliot count -- wkly/monthly

I'd like some thoughts on a more complex issue (quantitatively) -- i'm not saying the bean crops NOT BIGGER than USDA - Sep, but HOW could it be bigger with about 2/3 of the growing area recieving less than 1 inch of rain in the 45 days from 8/1 - 9/15?  -- i looked back 10 yrs - this yr was LEAST amount of precip in those 45 days.

we've heard lots of reports of "better than expected" yields, but could this be a psychological thing............the reporters are not a scientific "random sample", but could they be more apt to report out of elation on better yields?

thanks, anyone...any thoughts will not be argued by me.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Monthly bean continuation

ScreenShot048.gif

0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

c-x-1 if the dollar is headed lower how bearish the grains can a guy be looking at charts of many different commods sugar, wheat, corn, coffee on and on one of the commods that hasn't had a triple up is beans I know we got the big SA crop but its not in the bin if just a couple stars alighn could be the beans alighn too.
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

yes, i agree.

US is on target to be 85-90% sold in 1st mktg quarter.........so matters could become dicey for users needing product until Mar/Apr timeframe.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

SA will need timely rains

Current Drought Conditions
October 2013
Data updated on the 16th of each month

scalebar (km)
0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

What do youthink about the acre mix for next year I believe we will see at least 10% fewer corn acres more wheat acres and beans a few more with cattle prices moving up a little more acres to feed sure wish those cattle prices would move up alittle more so they could make a little money. Hard to put those feeders in a lot hoping to make a measly 25-50 dollar bill for such a huge investment. Everybody says 2.00 calves are high I would haveto disagree. Need them fats to climb also but can the economy handle it.
0 Kudos