cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Wonderful opportunity

We have what may be a wonderful opportunity to see markets working in real terms ......... without federal interference...

Commerce without the heavy hand of government.

Oh I know it is just a temporary illusion ........ maybe even a haloucination.... the extacy of a day without a notice from a govermnent representative.  

Can you just imagine if the whole of usda took a year of unpaid sabbatical ?  The excitement of decisions without constant oversight.  ( we can freely relieve ourselves in the pristine american interior without fear of world devastation.     

Maybe a couple of years would wipe out half the debt since half of us work for the american penal colony

I am either dreaming or dying     or both............   probably both...

The prison guards and their whips will be back soon to control our lives and pay us off with funds they have taken from us ..and legal drugs of choice ...and other treats.

16 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Wonderful opportunity

WOW sw........That is one DARK look at what lies ahead of us  !!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

sw...it seems you are basically "smoked up" on a peace pipe, not dying or aging.

The NASS boys aren't nearly as smart as you give them credit for. And, the

Feds in general are a lot happier when the farmers are fat and happy, like

2007 thru 2015.

We farmers are pretty much free to bid all of our profits in to the cost structure. For

example, a neighbor just lost a 105 acre farm with a 180 APH to a moron who bid

$400/acre. He doesn't always pay his bills and still owed for some fert from 2016,

but it will work out. There is always another fert dealer and seed dealer down the

road that will get you setup for this year.

Tenant farmers always bid in all the profit, always have and always will....

One of our core concepts is the thought that "all the profit goes to the landowner"

is pretty much accurate since the dawn of time. Still is....which is why we own as

much land as we can cash flow!

Honored Advisor

I don't give them much credit for anything they profess to possess..... I see them for what they are.

Just wish they didn't have the illusions of such importance.  So they might humble it back to public service in stead of public "service"

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Farmers have been "flying blind" for decades.   I'm not sure grain traders, importers, end users, and market analysts could survive. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Most farmers have not survived.  Even though usda uses  farmers for Public Relations.

Usda is feeding a different industry than farmers participate in... we just happen to be affected by it.

That monthly USDA report is all about politics now.....

I can live without it...

0 Kudos
Advisor

Start from scratch and see if you can cash flow land. Farming works better when you inherit a fifth generation farm. Unless you have a commitment from your parents and grandparents that set you up to succeed, you will always be a tenant farmers.
0 Kudos
Advisor

Some of the SW certainly Works

Just gotta know the areas, water etc.

heck $50 to $200 per acre dirt and 3500 gpm water works....just no way around it.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Some of the SW certainly Works

Where do you see that combination. (200 dirt and 3500 gym water. Here were closer to switching those numbers. (2500 to 3500 dirt with 5 to 700 gpm in the off season. Less in the summer)

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

If wright is crossing a couple of generational lines — then he is talking about a few small location in our area , although that water is closer to 1000 gpm now.
0 Kudos