etc.

etc.

at:    http://worldofcorn.com/#/

chart

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: World of Corn

Thanks....... they have improved graphics a lot....

I wish they would not distort the comparisons by entering every year in the last ten.

chart

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I want to see how the 2019 FINAL actual U.S. Average Corn Yield number (if "actual" really exists in the world of govt numbers) compares with 2012 - the Battle of Rain vs. Drought

chart

... and see if next year's " 2019 actual world corn production" end's up being anything close to their proposed numbers.

[Since we posted them here, even if they change it on their website, the original graphs will still be here....I hope.]

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

good point -------there are actually no real numbers.......   

There was a time that an attempt was made to verify the data  ------ a long time ago... and definitely way before the age of computer modeling.   Because these are still usda numbers.

So probably 2012 was well below 12 B

The model has ignored urban sprawl adjustments for at least 30 years....   Acres available to agriculture peaked in the early 1920's with the end of homesteading,  and have been a steady decline since.

Usda has published a statistical reference on agriculture since at least 1907.  Actual research was done for many years.  prior to 1980's the data shows it........ todays "computer formula" usda has held production acres at steady rates and tends to blame it on producers when they need to fudge the numbers upward to fit the model.(like this year)   No question the real acres available to crops are down....... at usda they still count those base acres still tied to crp grass that has drawn payments for near 40 years or more.

Point there is no good data base available to acquire this data from...... even if it looks accurate it is an accident at best.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

AND   to  think  today  I  read  a  developing  news  story  of  a  Russian  Airline  pilot  doing  a  emergency  landing  in  a  '' corn field ''   near  Moscow    -   -   -

With  that  field- yield,   destruction,    limit  up  -  maybe -  ?    

0 Kudos