cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: Would you short Corn and Soybeans at these levels?

MT,

I went short the first time Soybeans went to 1365 and then long recently when it went to 1350.  I have had scary days there but have been patient.  I am trying to pick levels to give myself the best possilbe opportunity.  I want to wait a little due to the racking of my brain.  Thank God I have been waiting otherwise I would be losing.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER name just giolucas and do not post on any other site. SOrry.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

so now I am confused............you are long now and want to go net neutral or short..............or you were short then when long to cover and are now neutral but want to go short............

starting to sound like Tara marketing were you have always sold at the top, but have never actually moved any physical because you keep rolling things for 4 years.............all while wearing a USDA bear costume..........

o well.........sun is out, got some rain..........we miss the Monday-Tuesday showers it will be off to the races...........

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

MT,

C'mon. I do not hold a position for a month.  I try to go with the flow.  Sometimes I'm short sometimes I'm long.  I don't hold positions for months like other traders and I wouldn't be holding a short position from February. 

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I can understand your uncertainty Gio. I can also understand you trying to harvest of few dolllars off of either side of the trade. A short term trade on either side does not mean that you have made an all out commitment to either side.

What you are doing is some short term speculation and there is nothing wrong with that.

I cannot understand why a contrary opinion is such an affront to some folks. I guess they read every comment is a direct challenge to their guru status.

0 Kudos
captive809198
Contributor

I'm beginning to think that these markets are getting everyone wound just a little too tightly.  How about we all enjoy some nice early spring weather and some NCAA basketball... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

MT is funny

MT, 

It is funny that you pick one of my post from February and you did not pick the one from last week that I stated that I was going short at 1365-1369.  The funny thing is that I responded to one of your posts. 

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

The world is funny...........

so are you still short or what..........cause you are pretty much flat as of markets this AM............you going to cover or add to...........

yes I understand your day trading or short term approach to scalping a few dollars here and there.............IMO that kind of trading does not apply to making marketing decisions tied to production............its a totally different set of micro-indicators with a totally different scope of time and a totally different position of always going to net zero..........and yes, I am speaking from experience...........

theres a reason most that do day trader or pattern trade do not post about it..........because about the time you get done typing why you put a position on, that reason has changed to why you should cover it..........you can be in and out of an equities trade in less than 5 seconds from your office with a standard computer and internet connection and make a couple hundred bucks..........its all about feeling out the target and its daily patterns and pivot points............most could care less where a stock opens or closes, its all about the in between............

and IMO, thats different, but again. O well.............

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

I do not have any positions right now.  I got out last night of my long .  Im Flat.  That is why I asked the question before I got into another position. 

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

So next monday or tuesday we will officially be rolling in the fields then?  You seem to want to duck that line of questioning.

How come someone that you don't agree with or has sold at profitable levels, or has a good risk management phylosophy you say is a usda bear.  Those type of people you accuse of having multiple handles or working for the man.  If you are long 100 percent of the time but are right 50 percent of the time, you are OK with.  If you like to sell or hedge your crop 100 percent of the time but are wrong ten percent of the time you always remind them of the 10 percent.  You seem to have a double standard for someone that doesn't agree with you.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Vr are you talking to me or MT

VR,

I appreciate all responses whether I like them or not.  Always want people to give me their perspectives.  It is always helpful in making decisions.

0 Kudos