cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Yesterday's crop tour

Jim--what are you flying now? Have a 172 share, but thinking about getting something different in the future. Considering a low wing also.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I gave up chasing my medical, so I'm flying as a Sport Pilot right now. I have a Flight Design CTSW, an Aeronca Champ 7AC and a Laister LP-49 glider.
0 Kudos
Advisor

Post before this last one I meant to edit for clarity, but could not figure out how to delete so edited it in post before this one.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Thanks Hobby for the picture of the Hag . One of the wrenchs at the Shelbyville Hag store told me they had a Proto. in the works for tracks -  Cool looking machine - I seen it had the 120's on it , that may be to much for ECI to handel - lol

BTW did you get to talk  Dave and Sue ? 

Dang - Jim - you have a fleet of planes !  How do you make up your mind which one you what to fly ? A guy I now rebuilt a 1947 ??? I think that was the year - gull wing stiensen - great looking old iron ! sat in it once - had a clear hose or something to look at for fuel level - no fancy bells or whisles in that thing - BTW after hee got it flying everybody was trying to buy it from him - he didn't have it long - brought big bucks .

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I fly the Champ off the farm to count hay bales and because it's a lot of fun.  It's not good for more than a couple of hours at a time - too slow and not all the comfortable.  

I flew the FD to Dallas a couple of weeks ago.  Did OK.  It's faster than a 172 but of course doesn't have as much room inside.  It's wide, but only two seats.

The Glider I haven't had out this year.  I've been up in a glider the club has, but I'm working on a wing on mine.  Hope to have it fixed for next year.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Dad had a Piper Cub when I was a kid.

Hi tech fuel gauge... wire with a cork that went through the gas cap, when the wire got short ...time to land.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well the wife just went through all her "show loot" 

She likes her two or three varieties of ear corn pens, several different kinds of key chain lights, tape measures, letter openers, key rings, rain poncho's, sunscreen, pencils for the grands school, cozy' s, coolers, and other things, but her favorite fetish is cloth bags.

She only managed to get 17.  So from now on she is to be known as the "BAG LADY".  Will not have to subscribe to the bag of the month club now.

For as many I pads as she signed up for she should get one of them too. Me, I just want that Ford pickup I signed up for, or at least that semi load of calcium. 

0 Kudos