cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Yippity doo dah ki A

1.52" of something the neighbor calls rain happened last night.

Two inches even, couple miles north at that farm.

Might help test wt of 60% of corn in area.

Some beans beyond help, most will probably benefit, but they are still hurt . 

I was just on the east edge of the diagonal strip of rain in Iowa last night. Just few miles west, twice as much, few miles east, half or less. Don't have to go far to get to honourable mention only.

Local crop adjusters will not have to travel looking for work.

7 Replies
Wind
Advisor

Re: Yippity doo dah ki A

Guaged the largest about, 2.29" here, in more than two years for a single rain event. Some close by got over 3".  Will help beans more than corn here.  It was good to know that it can still rain.

Checked two tiles and the needle  has not moved-still bone dry.  There will be a harvest here but still the driest June, July and Aug [until last nights rain] that I ever can remember.  I will try to purpose in my heart not to complain about things I have no control of.  

I wouldn't be surprised if some corn will get harvested sometime in the next 10 days around here.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Will the corn be ready to pick (shell for the Hoosiers out there) on Tuesday in Boone?

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

No but they said they're gonna do it anyways.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Those field demos are funny, a high priced Lexion combine hammering out "shotgun shelled" cobs of 40% moist corn ... a $400 4400 on the way to the scrap yard could do as good.   But they look good doin` it, I`ll give `em that.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Anybody here going to the "show"?

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I`m going on Tuesday, I gonna buy the fanciest yardstick at Home Depot and walk around at the show and everybody will ask "Where`d you get that???"  and I`ll say,  that one place way on the other side, kinda by the seed plots... I forget where  😀

In 2018 it got rained out, so I was only there in the morning and 2020 was virtual because of Covid.  So, I`m definitely ready for this show!

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Well after last week's spending spree the eplant must have heard and took pity on us. Texted a $8 bid for delivery through Sept 9.

I bit, so I have employment after the"show" this week for a few days.

Edit:

52 cents higher than the train loader. That is just under $500 a load difference