cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmerguy89
Advisor

Re: You hear that

People are crazy. It rained almost nothing but who cares? The crops aren't actually suffering one bit here, so I'm doubtful that the perambulation are actually reporting real damage. I remember somebody used a 2012 corn pic last year to show 2013 drought: ridiculous what people will convince themselves of. How can people lie to themselves so badly?

If you got suffering crops then put up a picture: otherwise your lying. I don't care if you will need rain later and it may cost yield. I may win the lottery also. Who cares what might happen
0 Kudos
WCWISC
Veteran Contributor

Farmerguy, where do you farm? General area.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

89, have you seen some of the pics I've posted? Scroll through the crops section and have a look if you haven't. Keep them in the back of your mind, we've got some cooler temps forecasted for next week, but we've got to get through these triple digits the next couple of days to get there. We've had decent moisture up to this point, but haven't received a drop for over a week now and these temps will probably suck a little life out of our potential. I'll try to get a few more pics up over the next few days.
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

I'm in central ontario: north of Great Lakes. It's like Minnesota: 91 day corn is where I start

I've seen a lot of good looking pics just yet though. Wait for wilting to happen before getting carried away.. I think some people will make catchup sales
0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

One of our local coops have a link to
Freese Boris. They have the daily
evapotransporation rate.
The numbers are starting to look bad.
Some of the plains are running out of water

"A couple of good rains do not break
A drought"

My pasture ponds are still dry, the livestock