cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: You've been played!

This new paint could carry farmers for a number of years.  Almost everyone that I know in the farming business has upgraded a piece or two of machinery.   Many could now go for a long time without spending any more $$ on machinery.    When these prices don't rebound and farmers cut back, it's gonna hurt a lot of industries.

0 Kudos
Advisor

youre exactly right tiger its going to be a rippling affect thru out. Less new pickups , tractors, putting off the wifes new kitchen , its called trickle down baby!!. Just hope those businesses didnt spend all their newly gained wealth also. Nothing but market forces at work econ 101. Interestesting to see what land prices do. This china corn thing may be black swan number 1

0 Kudos
Advisor

Dont think we were played Ray. We all made choices which we were able to do. If you have enough gray hairs you know how these things work. To some its all about money to others its about stewardship and long range planning. Both offer risks and rewards. To say we were played insults our intelligence and ability to think. Sometimes its just as simple as responding to market forces. Probably the closest thing to a play would be the way we responded to  income tax policy but then again a choice.

Senior Contributor

Sorry if I offended anyone for using the word played,just a post to conteract and elaberate, about the helpless atmosphere of the BEARS!

0 Kudos
Advisor

No offense taken.. the bears have a prettty good grip right now.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Agreed rayh,

I thought it was a pretty appropriate word.  Fitting also for the corn market today------------ Perfect

WE GOT  PLAYED.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Sorry Ray didn't mean to respond so edgy to your post. Been a tough week for me.

Thinking about the whole syngenta port loading fiasco makes me furious. In that respect you're right we got played.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

This whole port deal is some thing that needs to come to an end quick.PNW ports are demanding pre Calif emision standards on trucks entering.Maybe some one needs to go hungery!

0 Kudos
Advisor

Its like the black swans keep coming. I see the china corn cancels made it on drudge report this morning
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

it would be interesting to correlate the sales date of the rejected loads to compare the original costs with the current market price.  

Because there is really nothing new here.  This could have been done at any time in the past 2 years and no one in this area is segregating traits.  That trait has been in the "mix" for a while now.  Something else is triggering the playing of the trump cards or thats the only cards left to play.  Either way corn is going out the port in big numbers this week.  And we got a month or two before brazil & agr. bring on corn to compete.  Hope we see 1.9m go every week til then.

0 Kudos