cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Re: Your Risk Management Outlook?

Hobby.....what happened to your lengthy post regarding bean basis levels, etc. from earlier in the week??

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Hobby, if your not seeing change in the foreseeable future, just extend your window.  It works for the Gov.  LOL

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

RJ not sure what one you are referring to as I have made several rants. I started a new thread with one but after a while decided it did not serve any purpose and removed it.

Right now the risk of a fair to poor crop is improving at the Hobby farm. Here is South Podunk Country it is too wet. I fluffed a field yesterday that should have had another 80 degree sunny day of drying and planted it to beans, has water puddles on it this morning as I type this. Another field unplanted across the river from it has a lake in the middle of it.

My corn fields are not in much better shape some washed a little and others with water standing with little yellow corn plants struggling for survival.

Then I have the Kansas farms with corn planted in 18 inches of moisture. Takes 3 ft min to expect to pull off a Milo crop. Hows that for my managing stress? Drowning on one end and parched on the other end of the teeter totter. Missed all this moisture out there. I managed to get one insurance agent to insure both states crops. Starting to look like I might have claims on both policies for the exact opposite reasons. He will probably get some kind of award of stupidity at next winters agents meeting.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Dang hobby -- I sure hope you gave that sucker -- OH I mean insurance guy a tube of DB-51 super lube -- lol

Heck fire he may even make to the underachiver awards in Memphis this year - LMAO

BTW that Chicken on the grill - with my secret recipe sauce on it - was - -well - the little lady said was my best yet , alone with our first of the season sweet corn , hope the coons say out AND my mini sweet peppers -- also on the grill !

Dang -- Im full ! Hope I left some room for that ice cold miller lite after bit  Smiley Surprised  

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

ResizedImage_1369503838090[1].jpg

Here is what I meant by "fluffing" . This is a Phoenix rotary harrow (up to 55ft swath) I have it set at about 50 ft. This picture was taken at about 13 mph in the only almost smooth part of the field. The narrower it is set the more agressive it is. Takes about 240 hp to get that speed out of it. Notice the nice job of thowing things it is doing. The trashy part of the field was too rough to get anything but a blurry picture, but then you see stuff in the air behind it.

0 Kudos